2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M-Tech vs M Replica bumper

07-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
EkoBmw
Rep
Drives: 2012 528xi

M-Tech vs M Replica bumper

What's the difference between the two bumpers? I can't really tell them apart. Would lips fit on eather bumper or once you put that bumper on you have to find that specific lip?

I'm getting readt to ordee the mtech bumper but don't want to make the mistake. Are there more variety lips for eithee bumper?

Any input would be appreciated. Which bumper out of the two would you pick and why? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
EV0LVE
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i SG

Trinity autosport made a post showing the imperfections of the replica. The way i see it, if you have dark color car then the gaps are not as obvious. Few members have done the replica and are pleased with it. If you are anal about your car then just go oem because you'll know of the imperfections.

Whatever you do take it to a good body shop. Preferably one whos done the conversion before.

Post photos when ur done.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
EkoBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE
Trinity autosport made a post showing the imperfections of the replica. The way i see it, if you have dark color car then the gaps are not as obvious. Few members have done the replica and are pleased with it. If you are anal about your car then just go oem because you'll know of the imperfections.

Whatever you do take it to a good body shop. Preferably one whos done the conversion before.

Post photos when ur done.

Cheers!
I guess thats not whay my question is. My question is more of the design between thr Mtech bumper and the m5 repluca. Are they the same in design or diff bumpers? To me they look the same. If i buy a lip for m5 bumper but have the mtech bumper on my car, would it fit? I guess i just need to know the differemce between the two bumpers. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Mtech/Msport bumpers are different from the M5 bumper. It is obvious when you look at them and lips will not be interchangeable between the two.

Personally I think the Msport bumper suits a "normal" F10 better than the M5 bumper. Alittle classier where the M5 bumper is more in your face aggressive. Its fine when you have the 550hp to back it up but if you don't.....stick with the classier Msport. Plus you don't want to be mistaken for trying to pose as a M5.

my 2cents.
Alan
      07-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
EkoBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l.
Mtech/Msport bumpers are different from the M5 bumper. It is obvious when you look at them and lips will not be interchangeable between the two.

Personally I think the Msport bumper suits a "normal" F10 better than the M5 bumper. Alittle classier where the M5 bumper is more in your face aggressive. Its fine when you have the 550hp to back it up but if you don't.....stick with the classier Msport. Plus you don't want to be mistaken for trying to pose as a M5.

my 2cents.
Alan
So mtech and msport is the same bumper? Sounds like thr m5 bumper is different from the other two. Am i correct? Finally a decent answer.... Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
EV0LVE
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i SG

Perhaps your title should have said msport vs m5 bumper. That way youd get your decent answer on a whim.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
EkoBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE View Post
Perhaps your title should have said msport vs m5 bumper. That way youd get your decent answer on a whim.
If i knew that they were different then i would have buddy..I honestly thought that the msport and m5 replica is the same bumper....the mtech was different then the msport but looks a little different.
Appreciate 0