2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Shteigen Full System 6/6/2014 Update

02-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Shteigen Full System 6/6/2014 Update

*** see post 2*** ADDED MORE VIDEOS! OF THE 2011-2013 VERSION OF THE Shteigen EXHAUST.

Hey guys,

Shteigen is in final stages of the Full System for the 2011-2013 AND the 2014+

SHTEIGEN BMW System will be connecting to the Factory Downpipes.

The 2011-2013 will bolt on to the factory downpipes.

The 2014+ will be a slip on to the factory downpipes.

I don't have pricing information yet, but do have a little bit of details.

The system will be under 2k. And there will be an option to have a exhaust valve flap version. Meaning you would be able to use factory vacume line and under full throttle the butterfly will open. And Stay closed under NON-Full throttle, just like factory. This will reduce sound obviously at start up / and during normal driving. Which may work for a lot of people.

This option will cost a few hundred dollars more.

They are doing pre-orders:
Post questions here and I can help answer them, or feel free to call them directly and ask for Mike Succar the owner of LSD.

Pictures // Videos:
Coming Soon!

My car went in to their beautiful warehouse Yesterday 2/17/2014.
And they are currently building the 1st system.

All F10 members will recieve special pricing on pre-ordered systems.

This will be the official thread.

Keep in mind this system is Full length and will connect from the downpipes.

Axle back systems right now for the 550i are over 2500+ dollars. Some systems dont even have front pipes, If you don't know what a front pipe is its what connects the xpipe to the downpipe.

Most systems out on the market now for the 2011-2013 you will have to cut your factory front pipes off to make them fit. Or get custom pipes.

There is NO, full system for the 2014+ Not one company makes one at the moment. And that is why I personally am working with LSD Motorsports for them to start making this product.

So this is going to be a huge success.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |

Last edited by combatbmw; 10-15-2014 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
***Reserved.***

NEW VIDEOS 3/28/2014

Cruise by:

Inside Rev:

Full Throttle:

Idle/Rev:

Ok here are some pics and 2 videos, sorry for quality. I will have better stuff soon!

The quality of the system is bad ass!

Sounds amazing, not loud UNLESS you want it to be. Droneless... which is what I stressed the most.

This is the final prototype, only difference between this and the production unit is the polishing of the pipes, LSD Motorsport Etching on the muffler and polished.

So happy.. Holy crap.

Not the best quality but here you go, sorry was really windy.

Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |

Last edited by combatbmw; 03-29-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
silpherx
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I'm new and local here in Tustin and would like to see more pics and a clip the exhaust on a stock car without aftermarket downpipes. Very interested though the factory 550 sound is way too weak!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #4
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Subscribed. I am VERY interested in a system with the "mild to wild" valve. Will they offer an option to keep it open/closed with a switch instead of the vac line automatically opening the valve under high rpm. ?

Any chance we can get sound clips of the system with the valve closed?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
As soon as I get Clips / Pics I will upload them here.

Stay in touch with this tread, ill update it as soon as I can.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Subscribed. I am VERY interested in a system with the "mild to wild" valve. Will they offer an option to keep it open/closed with a switch instead of the vac line automatically opening the valve under high rpm. ?

Any chance we can get sound clips of the system with the valve closed?
Don't think so, that would be very expensive to RnD.

Personally I would jsut be happy with the Vac line opening. I mean it doesn't open unless you want it too by pressing the gas, which you already know.

Doing Electronic stuff, never really lasts, I know 2 people with the Gthaus that has the electronic, both of which stopped working after 1 year.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

COMBAT - Are you in on this deal, promoting this deal, or just sharing w/ the community at large? You mentioned previously that you work in the industry.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
COMBAT - Are you in on this deal, promoting this deal, or just sharing w/ the community at large? You mentioned previously that you work in the industry.
Promoting. I have no interest in making money.

I just want a full exhaust for my car, so I went out of my way to get a company to start making them.

The whole lets swap to m5 muffler thing doesn't work for me. There is a reason why M5 guys swap exhausts.

The industry I work in is a vendor to the car industry, not aftermarket. I work with dealers like BMW / Chevrolet / Toyota / etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #9
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silpherx View Post
I'm new and local here in Tustin and would like to see more pics and a clip the exhaust on a stock car without aftermarket downpipes. Very interested though the factory 550 sound is way too weak!
Sounds good stay posted to this thread, My car is in RnD now, Should be done soon, as soon as it is, I'll post up Videos/ Pictures / And dynos.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
Promoting. I have no interest in making money.

I just want a full exhaust for my car, so I went out of my way to get a company to start making them.

The whole lets swap to m5 muffler thing doesn't work for me. There is a reason why M5 guys swap exhausts.

The industry I work in is a vendor to the car industry, not aftermarket. I work with dealers like BMW / Chevrolet / Toyota / etc etc.
Cool, good work. The current options for full exhaust are terrible, and the axleback setups are ridiculously expensive.

There is nothing wrong w/ the M5 muffler swap, it's a matter of need and function. For most people on here, the stock 550 exhaust is way to quiet as it's dead silent, and they want a little more sound/volume, or which the M5 mufflers do the trick. They're not looking for radically loud exhaust, or obsessive about performance gains.

The reason M5 guys swap exhaust is because they want more sound than they already have. The performance gains of exhausts on an M5 are minimal, less so than on a 550. Also, more people buy M5 that are performance drivers than that which buys a 550, on average.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #11
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cool, good work. The current options for full exhaust are terrible, and the axleback setups are ridiculously expensive.

There is nothing wrong w/ the M5 muffler swap, it's a matter of need and function. For most people on here, the stock 550 exhaust is way to quiet as it's dead silent, and they want a little more sound/volume, or which the M5 mufflers do the trick. They're not looking for radically loud exhaust, or obsessive about performance gains.

The reason M5 guys swap exhaust is because they want more sound than they already have. The performance gains of exhausts on an M5 are minimal, less so than on a 550. Also, more people buy M5 that are performance drivers than that which buys a 550, on average.
Yes the performance gains for a 550 on a exhaust is much greater then a m5. m5 coming with 3 inch piping and all.

I guess to each their own man.

I can only tell you my personal opinion, which is paying 1k for a m5 muffer swap parts and labor for just sound isn't really something I can mentally justify.

with a custom built xpipe and m5 mufflers / tips etc your spending even more.

I rather just have a full system. designed for the car. For around the same price.. but there is nothing out .. and what is out is for the 2011-13 and prices are INSANE.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes the performance gains for a 550 on a exhaust is much greater then a m5. m5 coming with 3 inch piping and all.

I guess to each their own man.

I can only tell you my personal opinion, which is paying 1k for a m5 muffer swap parts and labor for just sound isn't really something I can mentally justify.

with a custom built xpipe and m5 mufflers / tips etc your spending even more.

I rather just have a full system. designed for the car. For around the same price.. but there is nothing out .. and what is out is for the 2011-13 and prices are INSANE.
Agreed, to each their own. Your exhaust sounds great, but its loud and obnoxious for my needs (just like Sergey's is). If I were single, and only rode alone, it would be good. For most 550 owners, I think that is the case too. Also, I am curious to hear the exhaust on a stock catted car, as yours is catless. It's def. much less aggressive, and I might think quite differently about it. Maybe I'll end up with one if your downpipes are really whats killing it for me right now. I had a full catless 135i before this, and it got old, quickly.

Not being able to mentally spend $1k on M5 mufflers/x-pipe/labor is the not same as not being able to spend $3k on Eisenmann/Supersprint mufflers alone. Same as people spending $1k on a CF front lip, or anything above $3k on wheels is nuts for some, and normal for others. I have watches worth 5x some spend on wheels, I just could never justify it for wheels.

Moral of the story is... you're right... no full system exists for what the LSD setup will likely cost. And there's a lot to be said for that, so thank you from those who are going to send up getting it. It's going to be the best value option for those wanting a full system, for complete sound and more power. It's sad the availability for the F10 platform but it's dictated by sales volume of the car and the demographic and desire of those to mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

good stuff
      02-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #14
NeoNz
335 Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Garage List
a big thank you! Bookmarked, can't wait to see the final product )))
1200rwhp/875rwtq, 3.4L Stroker

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed, to each their own. Your exhaust sounds great, but its loud and obnoxious for my needs (just like Sergey's is). If I were single, and only rode alone, it would be good. For most 550 owners, I think that is the case too. Also, I am curious to hear the exhaust on a stock catted car, as yours is catless. It's def. much less aggressive, and I might think quite differently about it. Maybe I'll end up with one if your downpipes are really whats killing it for me right now. I had a full catless 135i before this, and it got old, quickly.

Not being able to mentally spend $1k on M5 mufflers/x-pipe/labor is the not same as not being able to spend $3k on Eisenmann/Supersprint mufflers alone. Same as people spending $1k on a CF front lip, or anything above $3k on wheels is nuts for some, and normal for others. I have watches worth 5x some spend on wheels, I just could never justify it for wheels.

Moral of the story is... you're right... no full system exists for what the LSD setup will likely cost. And there's a lot to be said for that, so thank you from those who are going to send up getting it. It's going to be the best value option for those wanting a full system, for complete sound and more power. It's sad the availability for the F10 platform but it's dictated by sales volume of the car and the demographic and desire of those to mod.
Well the sound you heard from that video, was catless, and also was the prototype system.
So its nothing like the real one. It was just a test system to see if the set up we had in mind worked.

Muffler will be hand made, as oppose to the proto type system that was a generic style muffler.

Im excited to see what the system will sound like.

Ill keep everyone posted. Im missing my car already! Been in the shop for 5 days now
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Keep us posted. Not that I need to tell you that.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #17
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Socal 550s LSD Motorsports needs a 2011-2013 550i. For full exhaust testing. My car is there now. For 2014 + models just need to have a 2011-2013 for testing. PM me for details. You must be in socal and must donate your car for a few days . Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Socal 550s LSD Motorsports needs a 2011-2013 550i. For full exhaust testing. My car is there now. For 2014 + models just need to have a 2011-2013 for testing. PM me for details. You must be in socal and must donate your car for a few days . Let me know.
Terry's shop car?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #19
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Very interested! Thanks for doing the leg work!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #20
combatbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
They Just took videos and did pics!
Ill be posting them tonight.

It will be just off the full system, stock downpipes!

the LSD full system utilizes the exhaust valve. Say good by to drone baby!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #21
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw

Can't wait to see/hear it!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #22
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Do you have them? Excited to hear/see.
Appreciate 0