2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Drivetrain Malfunction

11-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Markadams323
Rep
Drives: 12' 535I M

Drivetrain Malfunction

So I have owned by 2012 535i M sport for a little
Over a year currently it has right under 80K miles haven't had any real problems with the car after picking it up 3 days ago from the dealer for an oil
Leak ( new oil filter housing ) covered by CPO and a few other maintenance things I was driving today on the 101 about 70Mph and the drivetrain malfunction light came on the big screen I've done some research and read the other threads on the same topic but all of them seem to be complaining about sluggish running or transmission not shifting and I am experiencing none of these symptoms only the light is on car seems to be running fine I did have a stage one tune on there from berger motorsports I did take it off however to go into the dealer and get the car serviced Since I'm not experiencing any of the problems that other people are could it be from the tune and should I be worried? Thanks for any input really love the forms
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I had same thing happened to me on 550i I took it to dealer they couldn't find nothing
I dont think they even know why is this happening on BMW it just does
Still to this day no issues don't worry keep on driving.Good luck
      11-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
AlpineWhite13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i m sport.

I recently had the same problem. Took it to dealer and they were getting multiple codes for misfire and high pressure sensor. Told me $2300 to replace. Turned out my jb4 didnt update firmware completely and was throwing multiple codes. After connecting it to my jb4 phone app and updating my firmware completely the problem was solved.
Appreciate 0