2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Anyone here from Thailand?

01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
BKK 5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 528i

Anyone here from Thailand?

Just purchased a new F10 528i (from Barcelona BMW) and am looking for good shops to buy mods from. Any recommendations out there?

Also, do you have any experiences with modding your car and warranty issues? It seems the dealership is pretty strict with adding on things outside of their control.

Hoping to hear from other Thailand-based people!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Hey,

I'm waiting for my 5er to arrive. Probably going to be another 4 months or so. Going mad in the meantime trying to figure out what mods to do and the wait is killing me. My car is coming from Milennium on Rama iV.

Let me know if you figured out any answers to your questions. Clearly the spec sheet is something you have no control over when you buy a BMW in Thailand. I couldn't tell you exactly what my car will have other than M-Sport package, 20" 464M Wheels and Carbon Black Colour. I don't think the dealers are even sure exactly what the ActiveHybrid 5 will look like....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
BKK 5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi,

Welcome to the club! Interesting to hear you got the activehybrid! Haven't seen many around the city with one - the modding on the 535 will be nice. I've also run into issues with the dealership as well - seems like no one knows anything about the cars. And I didn't have a choice on the options either, so that's why I'm going mod crazy.

I have figured out a bunch of places and can share them with you if you're inerested. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to avoid warranty being voided here - Barcelona is extremely strict, as I would assume Millenium is as well, so I would check with your sales contact first.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, actually I haven't seen any AH 5's on the road, not sure if they have sold many yet or not. I was just determined to get the 6cyl engine. Due to the taxes payable in Thailand the AH 5 is 2M THB cheaper than the 535i is. It's about the only consolation I have for the amount if money ill be paying.

I do have some concerns around what mods I will be able to make on the AH5. I know it's based on the 535, but there are also likely to be a few differences. Mods I'm considering are:

-M performance aero parts - can get these from the dealer
-Suspension - Will probably want to improve the ride at some point, but the AH 5 doesn't take the M Sport suspension and Thailand don't have the variable damper as an option. Would like to know if KW coil overs or similar can replace the standard
-exhaust - back boxes or maybe just tips. It will also depend on what diffuser I go for

I'm also looking at options for the stereo as there is no upgrade option available from the dealer for the B&O system either.

Any suggestions on local dealers or distributors would be great.

Will definitely talk to the SA before I make any major mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
sawadee kap, Im from Malaysia, your sounthern neighbour. I wonder how much it cost to purchase a 5 series in Thailand? heard it is also quite expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
sawadee kap, Im from Malaysia, your sounthern neighbour. I wonder how much it cost to purchase a 5 series in Thailand? heard it is also quite expensive.
Depends on the model of course, but a 528i Sport, for example, is 4,3000,000THB which equates to about 430K MYR.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
wow.. its realli expensive. i read about 535i in Thailand cost about THB 7million which around RM700k. way expensive compared in Malaysia.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #8
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, it's expensive alright. You can see the prices here:

http://www.checkraka.com/price/รถยนต...=151&model=271

It's all in Thai but the prices you can read :-)

Anyway, 535i is not on the list. The only 6 cyl 5 Series now is the Activehybrid - so that's what I'm going for.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
BKK 5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow
Yeah, it's expensive alright. You can see the prices here:

http://www.checkraka.com/price/รถยนต...=151&model=271

It's all in Thai but the prices you can read :-)

Anyway, 535i is not on the list. The only 6 cyl 5 Series now is the Activehybrid - so that's what I'm going for.
How's the ride? I've recently chipped my 528 and dyno'ed over 300. Would be interested to see how it holds against your active hybrid!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKK 5 View Post
How's the ride? I've recently chipped my 528 and dyno'ed over 300. Would be interested to see how it holds against your active hybrid!
The ride? It's bumpy on 20" and I'm scared to put my foot down in the wet. Other than that, no complaints apart from it rains every time I wash it.

At over 300hp and a lot less weight I think you will definitely give me a run for my money. The Hybrid is definitely fast too though..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
F10TH
Rep
Drives: F10 Black Sapphire

Hi, there. I'm from Thailand.
BSI is real strict. If you swap or change any equipment, they won't include those or related materials in thier 5 years-warranty. Other parts don't count though.
New Bimmer's super smart. They know what you've done to them.
My take on this is 'do whatever you want' and don't care much about BSI.

Stereo for instance, If you drive > 30 hours a week, it's worth installing something neat!
No B&O at the price of $100K+ is silly.

PS. Why don't we have our F10 club in Thailand?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10TH View Post
Hi, there. I'm from Thailand.
BSI is real strict. If you swap or change any equipment, they won't include those or related materials in thier 5 years-warranty. Other parts don't count though.
New Bimmer's super smart. They know what you've done to them.
My take on this is 'do whatever you want' and don't care much about BSI.

Stereo for instance, If you drive > 30 hours a week, it's worth installing something neat!
No B&O at the price of $100K+ is silly.

PS. Why don't we have our F10 club in Thailand?
Maybe you should start one....sign me up!

Haven't been in for my first service yet, so will wait and see before I decide to do any more mods. Everything so far was done by the dealer (except for my body coloured turn signals).

Check www.bmwsociety.com for Thailand Bimmer club. Suchart Sound have lots of pics online of aftermarket stereo installs for F10's. I might try that next, but not in any hurry...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #13
BKK AK
Registered
Thailand
Rep
Drives: White F10 528i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKK 5 View Post
Hi Everyone
I'm new to this forum.
BKK 5 : I also have a 528i and was wondering what chip you got to get over 300hp. Easy install? Plug and play?
Also ever since I got the car I am curious whether BMW Thailand really detuned the car (for tax purposes)? I have a feeling they have because I've done almost 30,000km and I have never been able to get more than 10km per liter.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
ZenHillbillyPoet
Rep
Drives: 2014 520d

Also in Thailand and just got my first bimmer. Agree about the poor fuel economy especially compared to the advertised numbers, but I'm guessing it's just because of the horrendous traffic. Anybody use the ecopro to any good effect?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep

well, i can confirm it makes a huge difference if you put into EcoPro and stick to it. The hard part is watching all the other cars flying by and not being tempted to boot it. I can do a trip from Bangkok to Hua Hin in around 2 hours. Definitely under 10 k/l. Last time I came back I did ecopro all the way and it resulted in 40mpg (around 14.5 k/l) for a trip of 87 miles. I used the ecopro analyser app on BMW connected which gives you all the details. Apparently I was in ecopro mode 97% of the time, Auto Start Stop contributed 19 minutes (i.e. glide mode or was switched off at traffic lights).

I have the ActiveHybrid 5 but to be honest I don't think it really helps that much in traffic. The battery is only good for about 3-4km before it switches back to the engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:56 PM   #16
BKK AK
Registered
Thailand
Rep
Drives: White F10 528i M-Sport

I heard many good feedback about the fuel economy of the diesel engines though. Yes its too painful for me to use ecopro
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #17
ptanbkk
Registered
Thailand
Rep
Drives: Drives F10 528i & E89 Z4 S23i

Hi I am too from Thailand. Anyone tried Dinantronics Stage 1 for the F10 528i? Our specs seems lower than the US or EU vehicles and am not sure if the remapping on Dinan will work for Thai Specified vehicles...
Appreciate 0