2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Wheel spacers for 535ix

12-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
nicksbmw2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535ix m-sport

Wheel spacers for 535ix

I need some help, I purchased a set of 12mm wheel spacers for my 2012 535ix msport. I want them installed in the rear, since I think the front looks just fine.Took the car to a shop this morning for install. The sales assistant asked me if BMW was ok with installing spacers on the rear only on an all wheel drive car.

For those of you that have spacers installed in the rear only, are your cars all wheel drive or rear wheel. Have you encountered any issues. Should I expect any problems if installed on rear only.

By the way, the SA called to tell me that the supplied bolts were not the correct size and that they would be unable to install at this time.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Steve360
Poland
Rep
Drives: F10 2012 N20 528ix

I installed 12mm on the front, and 15mm on te back, 528ix. Front, I think I would prefer 10mm, back is just fine. My BMW dealer has no issue with it, I asked.. Burger tuning, great vendor !
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

No issue if the spacers are made by a reputable manuf. and the spacers you bought should have come with extended lug bolts, if not, then you need them because the stock ones will fit up to around a 5mm spacer.

One potential issuer doing spacers are wheel vibration at freeway speed if the spacers are not hub centric or slightly off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksbmw2 View Post
I need some help, I purchased a set of 12mm wheel spacers for my 2012 535ix msport. I want them installed in the rear, since I think the front looks just fine.Took the car to a shop this morning for install. The sales assistant asked me if BMW was ok with installing spacers on the rear only on an all wheel drive car.

For those of you that have spacers installed in the rear only, are your cars all wheel drive or rear wheel. Have you encountered any issues. Should I expect any problems if installed on rear only.

By the way, the SA called to tell me that the supplied bolts were not the correct size and that they would be unable to install at this time.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
nicksbmw2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535ix m-sport

Thanks for the replies. I purchased the spacers from Burger tuning. I e-mailed them about the issues. They are sending me the correct size bolts.
Appreciate 0