2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Drivers window will not roll up HELP

10-07-2018, 02:44 AM   #1
Nikkigphx
JustDAutoService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 325i

Drivers window will not roll up HELP

I have a 528i xdrive 2012 and need help
The drivers window is denormalized. Will not reinitialize. It will roll down not back up. Regulator has been removed and checked. Window motor only operates when you push switch in open position. Only hear a click from relay when you put the switch in the close position. Error codes are anti trap mechanism malfunctionI have to take the glass off the regulator, disconnect the motor from the regulator, so the regulator will slide freely then reinstall the glass and slide the glass all the way closed. Then reinstall the motor so it will stay in place.
      10-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
Dzbeslic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkigphx View Post
The drivers window is denormalized. Will not reinitialize. It will roll down not back up. Regulator has been removed and checked. Window motor only operates when you push switch in open position. Only hear a click from relay when you put the switch in the close position. Error codes are anti trap mechanism malfunctionI have to take the glass off the regulator, disconnect the motor from the regulator, so the regulator will slide freely then reinstall the glass and slide the glass all the way closed. Then reinstall the motor so it will stay in place.
Quote:
Turn ignition ON but do not start it!
Sit next to the windod that doesn't work and use that button, it will not work from driver 's buttons. Roll the window down and hold it for 20 secs, then press up. It should reset it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
Nikkigphx
JustDAutoService
United_States
Rep

it's the drivers side that doesn't work.
      10-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
Dzbeslic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's the drivers side that doesn't work.
Follow the same procedure. Also it's been while since i did it but if it didn't work try this. With ignition ON, roll it down and then up. When you are all the way up keep holding the button for 20 secs and let it go. Turn ignition OFF and then back ON and start the car. It should reset it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #5
Nikkigphx
JustDAutoService
United_States
Rep

It doesn't roll back up. I have to take the door apart to roll it up.
      10-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #6
Dzbeslic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well, you have to manually roll it up, it won't do it itself, little by little!and when is finally all the way up keep holding the button
Appreciate 0