2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Anyone with experience with liquid black wheels?

05-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
ArcticBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 20d M-Sport

Anyone with experience with liquid black wheels?

Does anyone of you guys have any experience with liquid black wheels? Due to some delivery complications I got the M464 wheels in liquid black mounted on my car. It is temporary, I originally ordered the M434. What worries me with those liquid black ones is if they are a nightmare to maintain in good shape. The high gloss surface might show small imperfections (scratches and stone chips) more than the ferric grey M434? Any one with experience that can help with some thoughts?

Here are some pics (bottom are the M434 i found with google):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

one of the reasons i bought the car was i fell in love with the liquid black OEM wheels!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:28 AM   #3
ArcticBMW
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
one of the reasons i bought the car was i fell in love with the liquid black OEM wheels!

Looks stunning Isturbointeg

How difficult are they to maintain nice and shiny versus "standard" aluminum wheels?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 04:38 AM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBMW View Post
Looks stunning Isturbointeg

How difficult are they to maintain nice and shiny versus "standard" aluminum wheels?
THANKS! Just with any other wheels they do get dirty but i only used soap and water to clean them and than just a Meguire's Detailer to keep them nice and shiney. i stayed away from the chrome polishes even tho these are somewhat of a chrome finish. but you do spend more time cleaning them vs the regular silver finishes.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 05:03 AM   #5
ArcticBMW
Registered
Rep

Quote:
THANKS! Just with any other wheels they do get dirty but i only used soap and water to clean them and than just a Meguire's Detailer to keep them nice and shiney. i stayed away from the chrome polishes even tho these are somewhat of a chrome finish. but you do spend more time cleaning them vs the regular silver finishes.
Thanks for your answer! I don't think the cleaning will bother me as long as it doesn't get more visible scratches more easily than other wheels. I clean my car often anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 05:26 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBMW View Post
Thanks for your answer! I don't think the cleaning will bother me as long as it doesn't get more visible scratches more easily than other wheels. I clean my car often anyway
i always use a new micro fiber towel when polishing the wheels. you could also use a wheel wax to prevent some of the brake dust from sticking as well as the wheel staying clean for longer periods

here's what remmib recommended:
http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...Code=SE1055010
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #7
ArcticBMW
Registered
Rep

Quote:
i always use a new micro fiber towel when polishing the wheels. you could also use a wheel wax to prevent some of the brake dust from sticking as well as the wheel staying clean for longer periods

here's what remmib recommended:
http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...Code=SE1055010
Yes Swissvax Autobahn is great. I use it for my wheels already
Appreciate 0