2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK I-Drive No Signal Issue!!!!!!

07-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
Rash.2016
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

I-Drive No Signal Issue!!!!!!

Hi guys

I am having a weird issue with my I-Drive at the moment. My I-Drive shows a 'No Signal' message when the reverse gear is engaged. This means i cant see the reverse aid on the screen. I can still hear the beeping of the sensors and they work fine. It returns to normal once I go back to drive or Park showing the Parking aid.

So far i have tried
- To reset the I-Drive
- Checked and clean all the sensors which are completely fine.
- Checked for any errors on the I-Drive which I doubted to show any errors.

I have a 520D 2011 F10 with the wide screen nav.

Have searched the internet but cannot find any issues related. Would appreciate any suggestions to my problem..........

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 04:08 PM   #2
andyrp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

My previous 2012 F10 displayed this sometimes whilst driving; the warning was in orange letters across the screen.

The local dealer tried a software reinstall but to no avail as the software install kept failing and eventually the "head unit" failed and they had to order a new one from Germany. Fortunately it was under warranty as it was less than a week old from new when the issue started.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
Rash.2016
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

Thanks andyrp for the quick reply. In my case it doesn't seem like the head unit is failing more like some sort of glitch or modification made that's cutting of the unit while trying to reverse. I have recently bought the vehicle and I know there was an aftermarket tv module installed that I have taken out thinking that it may have been the problem but no luck. I am starting to think maybe previous owner tried to install a aftermarket reverse unit but only managed to do the software side of it. Any one no of this a possibility as a cause. I will try to upload short video of the problem to give a clearer insight to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
andyrp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

If they haven't coded any after market mods correctly that could indeed be causing a problem; you could get an ENET cable and the BMW E-SYS software and trying coding the car back to its standard software configuration and original VO (vehicle order). That would be a relatively easy way to eliminate the modifications as a potential cause of the problem.

A good forum to look for advice on this is:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash.2016 View Post
Thanks andyrp for the quick reply. In my case it doesn't seem like the head unit is failing more like some sort of glitch or modification made that's cutting of the unit while trying to reverse. I have recently bought the vehicle and I know there was an aftermarket tv module installed that I have taken out thinking that it may have been the problem but no luck. I am starting to think maybe previous owner tried to install a aftermarket reverse unit but only managed to do the software side of it. Any one no of this a possibility as a cause. I will try to upload short video of the problem to give a clearer insight to it.
Appreciate 0