2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Retrofit TPMS (RDC) from FTMS (RPA) on F10 LCI: flat tire monitoring still active?

10-26-2023, 10:26 AM   #1
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Retrofit TPMS (RDC) from FTMS (RPA) on F10 LCI: flat tire monitoring still active?

I've been looking into the coding required for retrofitting TPMS/RDC (option code 2VB). Right now my F10 LCI has flat tire monitoring using the ABS sensors (aka FTMS/RPA). My car is equiped with the newer 'DSC_Premium' module, so should be simple with no extra antennas required.

Now, according to info on the web one of the parameters (along with a bunch of other modules) that needs to be FDL-coded is:
Quote:
DSC_Premium > Allgemein 3000 > Funktion_ReifenPannenerkennung_aktiv = nicht_aktiv (inactive)
My question is: if I do this, will there still be a warning when a tire suddenly goes flat during driving with TPMS/RDC? Shouldn't it be set to 'aktiv_RDCi' like in the F85/F86 for example?

For FTMS/RPA this parameter is currently set to 'aktiv_RPA ohne Koordinatorfunktion im DSC'. Since 'ReifenPannenerkennung' and 'RPA' kinda translate to something like 'tire pressure monitoring', setting this to inactive seems counter-intuitive to me.

Can anyone with an F10 LCI and native TMPS please confirm the correct setting? And if correct, what does 'RDCi' mean?

Cheers,

----------
Tony TwoClicks
Appreciate 0