2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Group Coding Session - F1x series - FREE !

07-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #375
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidm8 View Post
AP,

I have been searching a bit more, primarily on US forums, and I am not the first by any means to have CAFD files missing. I believe you are exactly right in saying that the problem lies with an incorrect PSdZData file version for my car.

Now here is the root problem as after doing too much reading (and there is a lot out there) I used v54.1 but this is now obviously incorrect for my car. I am now going to try v56.0 which I think is the very latest, but maybe not. There is no correlation between the build year of a car and the correct PSdZData file as far as I am aware. What is required is a file that will cover build years MY20xx to MY20xx for F10s. Presumably this is not the way the file can be written!!

I should be able to try v56.0 over the weekend and I will report back. AP thanks for your input into my problem.

John
You will likely need v56 and the E-Sys launcher (i am presuming you have it already). I also think your car has HU_NBT2 and not HU_NBT module. There is a bug in E-Sys that causes some issues with HU_NBT2 and you may require a patch for the same as well.

Anyway, try out v56 over the weekend and report back... nice to see that coding is becoming a bit more mainstream this side of the pond as well.
      07-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #376
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Ok these were the steps I worked through.

Click on connect icon to connect to car
Select F010 **NOT F010 Direct**
select Connection via VIN
Then click on connect

Go to expert mode , then choose coding.

Top left click on READ under Vehicle order (VO)

Then click on READ SVT (I've seen on the web this referred to as read VCM but my version of esys 3.24.1 displays read svt)

Select CADF , then read coding data
save or close
Under the appropriate CADF folder, right click EDIT FDL

Find the setting you want to change and right click EDIT
Click on SAVE icon in top left of esys
Click on Green back arrow at top left of Esys

Under VO at top left of esys , right click and ACTIVATE FA
Select the CADF you just edited and take a deep breath and right click CODE
FDL

Select Close

For changes in KOMBI , you will get a error message on the instrument cluster. Restart the ignition of the car to reset and you will have to set the date and time again for the car.

Also for updating the sat nav maps again using esys, I went into FSC extended
put in 0x63 for diagnostic address,
application number 0x1B (for CIC 0xDE for NBT apparently)
Upgrade index 0x1
Click on identify
Base variant will then be filled in with either HU_CIC or HI_NBT as appropriate.

Select Store FSC in the left column and clikc on >> to move it to the right hand side.
Click on READ and save this file as say de.fsc (this is the file you can keep and use for future activations

load up a hex editor (I used "free Hex editor Neo") and load up the info_map.imp file. In my case I have the Europe West Premium 2015-2

Attachment 1245193
Look at the hex numbers within the red boxes. In my case 0x28 and 0x0A

Then using esys if you have CIC run FSC de.fsc 0x28 0x0a <7digitVIN>
if you have NBT, you need to nbt with the same parameters.

I stress I haven't upgrade the map on my car, plan to do this this weekend but believe these steps are the right ones to do.

As I've said before, I've really only dipped my toe in on this coding, there are far more experienced coders here on this forum. Hopefully this might help you.

The only things I can mentioned are make sure you have the right psdzdata files.
An update, just confirmed that the SATNAV update worked as described above.
Didn't take that long about 45-60 mins.
So just put the USB stick on the socket in the glove compartment and then you'll get a prompt about whether you want to update the navigation.
Assuming you do, you'll see a progress bar and you can exit this screen and use you idrive as normal , and you can interrupt the process as well which I did twice. once finished it prompts a restart of the Idrive.
I had music playing from the USB drive in the centre armrest and that stop briefly , my speed limit display ion the HUD also displayed --- for a few minutes whilst the idrive rebooted. Shortly afterwards it was all back and worked and a look at the version confirmed it was 2015-2 West Europe Premium
Job done and very pleased.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 08:29 AM   #377
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d M Sport

OK, some good news and some bad news.

E-Sys v3.26.1 running well. I used the downloaded PSdZData v56.0 Full and this worked great. I even took a backup of the CAFD files using the .bat v3 file and there was no errors.

OK, I then moved on to trying some really simple coding so picked changing the closing of the powered boot lid which is just 3 lines that need to be changed. Now as gspannu had said earlier BMW have removed the text headings specifying the different modules which immediately made me uneasy and so I stopped right then.

So are there any solutions for this problem, such as a look-up table?? All the folders are there but named as .(dot).

Regards John
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #378
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

With a little more digging it would seem there is a solution already in the form of E-Sys Launcher PRO 2.0 Build 43. Now perhaps I am not looking in the right places but I cannot find a link for this updated software.

Apparently this Launcher puts in all of the missing text but I am not sure if you have to remove the old Launcher or it just updates the old software.

John
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #379
AP
Major General
Rep

I'll be in front of my lc later this evening so i can give you some pointers to shere to get it. I'm running that as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #380
AP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
With a little more digging it would seem there is a solution already in the form of E-Sys Launcher PRO 2.0 Build 43. Now perhaps I am not looking in the right places but I cannot find a link for this updated software.

Apparently this Launcher puts in all of the missing text but I am not sure if you have to remove the old Launcher or it just updates the old software.

John
I have PM's you with the details.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 02:34 AM   #381
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

John
I hope you have got ESys working with the launcher program, if not let me know and I will send you the PM of the person who owns it all.

Its best to uninstall all older versions of ESys, launcher, PSDz files - never a good idea to mix and match.

Also, remember that HU_NBT2 may require a further patch as for some reason the HU_NBT2 coding fails even with the launcher. Check if you have HU_NBT or HU_NBT2. It is also possible that the latest version of the Launcher has actually fixed this patch as well.

Keep us posted on your progress....
      07-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #382
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

AP and gspannu,
thank you for all your help guys.

I am away tomorrow until next Monday with the family but first thing next week I will certainly be ready to give it a go.

Right I had a look at the links you sent and they look exactly what I need. I will keep my downloads of PSdZData as these seem OK but will completely remove the old versions of E-Sys and the launcher as suggested. I will then start a fresh creation and finally add the PSdZData v56 in to the new structure as I did last time.

I will keep you updated especially if the news is good and definitely if it is bad for more help.

Thanks again,
John
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #383
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Guys,

OK all good news. Now remember I am assuming my car is loaded from BMW with the latest data to hand.

So AP the E-Sys and Launcher links were the ones I wanted. I saved a copy of PSdZData v56 Full that I had already downloaded, removed all the old programs and reinstalled the programs you provided links for. Then I put back the PSdZData v56 Full in to the structure of the E-Sys. Right now all the text writings were there again so I took a backup and experimented with the change to shutting the powered boot lid which worked.

I say experimented as I have found the "Cheat sheets" published do not seem to line up exactly with the data installed in my car. gspannu you asked what was loaded in my car and it is the HU_NBT module. I would really like to load the EBT function but I am really not sure of all of the lines of code to change so I am nervous about continuing with this and may just change something simple e.g. rear DRL lights. Have you any suggestions of easy coding so I get used to it.

OK enough from me,
John
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #384
AP
Major General
Rep

my first change i did was setting stop/start to last setting. its just one change (can set it to off as well if you prefer). dont have the info to hand but it will be in the cheat sheet and arguably one of the most popular settings to change and well documented.
assuming thats a setting you want , that might be a good place to start.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #385
AP
Major General
Rep

Thumbs up

this can be found in the cheat sheet but the auto stop start is :-
Module CAS
Section 3000 TC
Function value
TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF (sets its off)
TC_MSA_MEMORY (leaves at last settings before turning car off)

Note ECO pro will still turn it on if you go into that mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:50 AM   #386
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

.... Have you any suggestions of easy coding so I get used to it.

John
Radio Off on Door Open (shuts down radio/media on door opening)
CAS > 3000 TC > TC_LOGIC_KLR_OFF_DOOR > active

Folding Mirrors (shorten the time it takes to close mirrors on holding lock button on keyfob)
CAS > 3003 FH MASTER > KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN > set value to 03 instead of 0F

Acoustic Lock Signal (New Option in Settings/ Door Locks to enable acoustic sound when locking/unlocking car)
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM > active

Hop this gets you started...
      07-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #387
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks AP and gspannu for your suggestions.

I have High Beam Assistant but I would like this to default "on" when light switch is Automatic. It is no big thing really to operate the stalk switch but, in my opinion, the default should be on so can this be changed with coding??

OK what I really want is EBT. The car has Professional media with the module HU_NBT so has anyone a list of coding to enable this??

Thanks again for all your help,
John
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #388
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I have High Beam Assistant but I would like this to default "on" when light switch is Automatic. It is no big thing really to operate the stalk switch but, in my opinion, the default should be on so can this be changed with coding??

OK what I really want is EBT. The car has Professional media with the module HU_NBT so has anyone a list of coding to enable this??

John
I'll send you something on both.
      07-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #389
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

John
High Beam Assist:
FRM > 3050 > FLA_AUTO_AKTIV > automatisch
FRM > 3050 > FLA_VERBAUT > aktiv
KAFAS2 > 3050 > FLA_ON_OFF > FLA_on
HU_NBT >3000 > HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT > aktiv

Please be aware that some of the values as written above may already be set, so you may not need to change those.

Will try and send you the EBT later... a bit more complicated to write down.
      08-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #390
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Guys,

Thanks gspannu High Beam Assist done.
I read up and completed Inband Ringing Tone, Ambiance Lighting, and Mirror Fold delay time from FOB. Also I have changed the Delta angle of dipping door mirror a couple of times and it is now right for my circumstances.

The ability to code allows the driver to customise the car to the way they like it and I am all for it.

Now I would like to alter the Steering Wheel vibration alert slightly but I cannot find the code for this. In addition, I have been reading up on EBT but some of the reading is scary. It seems that it is not just a case of changing 6AN to 6AS (if I have that right) as some people have had error codes for 1st or 2nd microphone!! Now I suspect it could be because they are changing the head unit which is something I would not attempt.

Cheers John
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 04:38 AM   #391
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks gspannu High Beam Assist done.
I read up and completed Inband Ringing Tone, Ambiance Lighting, and Mirror Fold delay time from FOB. Also I have changed the Delta angle of dipping door mirror a couple of times and it is now right for my circumstances.

The ability to code allows the driver to customise the car to the way they like it and I am all for it.

Now I would like to alter the Steering Wheel vibration alert slightly but I cannot find the code for this. In addition, I have been reading up on EBT but some of the reading is scary. It seems that it is not just a case of changing 6AN to 6AS (if I have that right) as some people have had error codes for 1st or 2nd microphone!! Now I suspect it could be because they are changing the head unit which is something I would not attempt.

Cheers John
Well done on the various settings... great.

Can you write what you have done with the Ambient Lighting (set the minimum value or done something else). Please write.

Steering Vibration:
KAFAS2 > 3040 TLC_ACTUATOR_PARAM > VIBRATION_VALUE
Default values are 06, 07, 08, 08, 09, 09, 0A, 0B
Change these and experiment and also post what values (as per your experience) work best.

For EBT, you need to VO code.
You need to add 6NS and code HU_NBT. Remember, you will lose all the FDL coding in HU_NBT when you do this, so you will have to redo the same again after VO Coding.
      08-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #392
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

This is the change I have made to the Ambiance Lighting:-

FRM>3045 COLOUR_SWITCH>CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS>
default on my car was 0A which I changed to 50.

I have to admit that I have not been out in the dark since changing this value so I am not sure if this has had the desired effect.

gspannu thanks for the line of text to alter the Steering Vibration I could not find this any where!!

Now regarding coding EBT, although this is something I would like, I must say I am not comfortable with doing this. It seems at bit more complicated than what I have achieved so far so I think I may wait for a master class to be held down South. (Just call me chicken). My problem is that when I inspect SALAPA elements, for my car, it just does not quite line up with what others have written.
For example, I have 6AC, 6AE, 6AK, 6AM, 6AN, 6AP, 6WB, and I expected to see 6NH, 6NK, at least, as I have already BT and voice activation.

So I am a little bit more cautious over this coding.

regards John
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #393
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Does anyone know if any coding can be done for the speed limiter function? I'm specifically thinking if it can be coded to use the brake function to stop the car from exceeding the limiter whilst going down hill. I've got cruise with brake function so in theory it could be doable.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #394
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi gspannu,

my car has:-
Steering Vibration:

So my plan is to change the setting to:-
16, 17, 18, 18, 19, 19, 1A, 1B

Can you confirm this is the correct method to code this particular entry. Thanks for your help,
John
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #395
richiemail
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40d (G02) LCI

I just collected my new F11 520d a week ago, moving from a 2012 F10. The change to EBT is a bit annoying since I was used to having the 2 phone setup, as well as the office functions.

Build date is May 2015, could someone help me with finding the software? I'm hoping there's enough information in the post to work out how to do this (though anyone kind enough to give me a idiots summary would earn my eternal gratitude!).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #396
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi gspannu,

my car has:-
Steering Vibration:

So my plan is to change the setting to:-
16, 17, 18, 18, 19, 19, 1A, 1B

Can you confirm this is the correct method to code this particular entry. Thanks for your help,
John
The values are fine. However, I did try the exact figures you have written, and it made a difference, but not a huge difference.

I think, you need to raise the figures to have a bigger threshold between alternating values. 06, 57, 08, 68, 09, 29, 9A, 0B

You will have to try a few values and then see the results. Because this means, changing values, getting the car out to drive, test, change values again, drive, test... I eventually gave up (for lack of time). Need to do this again some day !