2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Lost BMW CCA REWARD due to dealership mistake please advise

08-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 528

Lost BMW CCA REWARD due to dealership mistake please advise

I received notification from BMW CCA that My car did not qualify for rebate because It wqas not certified through BMW NA before time of sale.

Have text my sales person and my paperwork for CPO did not go through final process due to deaership error. First of all getting it certified is the priority. It was sold to me as such and I have the CPO Vehicle inspection checklist done on my car.

How do I address the loss of the rebate? BMW CCA is correct that it was not certified prior to sale so I think I am not getting my rebate from them. SHould I I ask dealership to compensate and how should I address this? More principal now than money.
Please advise,
Martin
      08-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin528 View Post
I received notification from BMW CCA that My car did not qualify for rebate because It wqas not certified through BMW NA before time of sale.

Have text my sales person and my paperwork for CPO did not go through final process due to deaership error. First of all getting it certified is the priority. It was sold to me as such and I have the CPO Vehicle inspection checklist done on my car.

How do I address the loss of the rebate? BMW CCA is correct that it was not certified prior to sale so I think I am not getting my rebate from them. SHould I I ask dealership to compensate and how should I address this? More principal now than money.
Please advise,
Martin
Tell the dealer -in a calm but assertive voice- exactly what you just wrote except replace the last paragraph with the question, what about compensating me for your paperwork delay as this cost me the BMWCCA rebate?

Then hope for a fair treatment. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I text my sales person. He said he tracked down my my cpo paprework and the last stage of the computer process ans not put in. Said he was waiting for the right person to come in. I have text twice asking for updates and no response.
      08-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Hey Martin,

I'm not sure what the value of the rebate is - less than $3,000 I assume.

I wouldn't ask what they can do to compensate, I would instead frame your request in a letter to the general manager of the dealership asking when you will receive the check. Alternatively, you could simply ask for a service/parts credit.

I work with quite a few dealerships, and my hunch is that most BMW dealers will make a real effort to make this right for you.

Good luck.
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Where are you located. If your in the US then the dealer is in no position to argue with you on the vehicle provided you have the paperwork from them and you can prove what you're saying here. Cool heads will prevail so keep calm and bypass the line level staff at the dealership. Go to the GM directly and have a nice chat with him or her.

What dealership is it? Are you willing to take cash value for rebate and an extended warranty? Are you willing to give the car back and get a different one? I ask because the dealer may be at a net loss if they have to eat the rebate and a warranty so they may want to unwind your deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The rebate is not the issue, but, how I found out. You have to be a member of BMWCCA for at least a year to be eligible for any rebate. You submit paperwork to BMW CCA showing you got a certified car, they verify it with BMW NA and give you only $250. But can be up to $1500 if you buy a specific New car.

I just want my car certified. That is what I paid for and have the Certified vehicle inspection checklist signed off by the technician who did the inspection, the service manager, the preowned manager, and myself. I don't want to piss off the dealership. I may need something done one day and they may do it as a courtesy if I am in good graces. The dealership is an hour away from me.

Last edited by Martin528; 08-21-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep

Do you have paperwork showing that this was a CPO? if so you should know that roughly $1850 is what the dealerships pay BMW for the CPO and they pass that cost on to you. I hear what your saying about your relationship with the dealership, there are only two in town and they are both owned by the same company. The bottom line if they put it in writing and they messed up on it then they have no choice to make it right. Maybe a solution is to have them comp a BMW extended warranty.

Good luck and keep us posted on the saga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin528 View Post
The rebate is not the issue, but, how I found out. You have to be a member of BMWCCA for at least a year to be eligible for any rebate. You submit paperwork to BMW CCA showing you got a certified car, they verify it with BMW NA and give you only $250. But can be up to $1500 if you buy a specific New car.

I just want my car certified. That is what I paid for and have the Certified vehicle inspection checklist signed off by the technician who did the inspection, the service manager, the preowned manager, and myself. I don't want to piss off the dealership. I may need something done one day and they may do it as a courtesy if I am in good graces. The dealership is an hour away from me.

Last edited by 2k15f30; 08-21-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Martin528
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I HAVE THE certified preowned checklist signed off by the technician who did the inspection, the service manager, the preowned manager, and myself.
      08-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #9
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep

Sounds like they owe you a warranty or they will need to unwind your deal.
Appreciate 0