2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media (UPDATE pg 7 new photos!)My Build Update on Alpha Forged wheels

10-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #89
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Looks sick. What are u waiting for? Lol
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #90
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
Looks sick. What are u waiting for? Lol
I've been hugging my wheels for the last few hours! I'm getting to know my new Love!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #91
GetYourWheels
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F10

Cant wait to see them on!!
But they're almost too pretty to put on the car, huh? lol
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #92
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYourWheels View Post
Cant wait to see them on!!
But they're almost too pretty to put on the car, huh? lol
Yup! That's why I've been staring at them for the last 10 hours! I work night shift this week and UPS woke me up @ 10am knocking on my door and I haven't slept since cause of the excitement!

I'm gonna end up painting the barrels gloss black. The huge 21's u can see the barrels easily. I'll primer than paint it...no biggie!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #93
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Yup! That's why I've been staring at them for the last 10 hours! I work night shift this week and UPS woke me up @ 10am knocking on my door and I haven't slept since cause of the excitement!

I'm gonna end up painting the barrels gloss black. The huge 21's u can see the barrels easily. I'll primer than paint it...no biggie!
Why are you painting them? Gloss Black would make the wheels look smaller, I say keep them bronze bro.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #94
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Hurry up and put them on!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #95
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post
Why are you painting them? Gloss Black would make the wheels look smaller, I say keep them bronze bro.
no i mean the barrels inside the wheel behind the face, not the lip...they are silver right now...i had the option to get them all painted for $400 i think but i thought it wouldn't be visible. unless i can find some type of matte bronze paint?

oh damn...this might work?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 10-23-2015 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #96
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Check out Autodip. Tried the stuff it's great, smooth, and real glossy. Better than PD.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 02:35 AM   #97
slownfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i Xdrive

Make sure your son does not scrap your wheel again!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 02:49 AM   #98
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownfast View Post
Make sure your son does not scrap your wheel again!
Lol! He is not allowed to drive my car...EVER!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 02:53 AM   #99
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Banned from the Ride!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 03:51 AM   #100
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
no i mean the barrels inside the wheel behind the face, not the lip...they are silver right now...i had the option to get them all painted for $400 i think but i thought it wouldn't be visible. unless i can find some type of matte bronze paint?

oh damn...this might work?
Bro really??? You have $6000 wheels and your gonna paint the barrels with plasti dip? Helllll no! Paint them with real paint please, and paint them gloss black I hope your gonna atleast put them on and see how they look first, before you decide to paint them.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #101
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

You know I'm jus messin with you right?^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But really, don't plasti dip that shit...........
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 04:00 AM   #102
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yep! Ill put them on first before I paint them. I'll post some pictures and u guys can chime in on whether or not I should paint them. 21's are really big freakin' wheels and u can see everything inside the Barrels. I'm sure the stock rotors are gonna standout like a sore thumb!

Really trying to do here guys is get my car ready by Bimmerfest East next year. I already have the Mtech rear bumper in storage. Gotta order the DTM carbon fiber diffuser from RWCarbo*. KWV1 coilovers in January... carbon roof spoiler/3d carbon trunk spoiler from ***********...carbon fiber side skirts from Seibon...side skirt extensions from Aeroflowdynamics... front splitter add-on from driftking... and a Meisterschaft exhaust! If I can't find a good deal on the exhaust option B would be the Armytrix! If the Bank (Wifey) allows some extra funds I may look into a complete wrap or a Big Brake upgrade? Flash Tune will be done as soon as my warranty expires. And the last thing I want done and I'll do most of the work is a complete audio overhaul consisting of Bimmertech DSP with external amp for lows pushing 2 12" JL AUDIO W3's in a custom sealed enclosure. Leaning toward the Focal K2 Power components for the kids/tweets and Focal IFBMW 8" Subs food underneath the seats.

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 10-23-2015 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #103
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Soooooo... I got off work this morning after a long night at Work i decided that hey I'm a slap on those Wheels! So I'm looking for the wheel lock as I've never taken my wheels off since I bought the car. So nothing in the boot in the back. I popped off the complete cover where the battery is and nothing. Nothing in the glove box, door pockets and even the sunglasses compartment! $hit...i even popped the hood for $hits and giggles...NOTHING! Now I called BMW and what they told me that because I bought the car CPO and not new they are not responsible for the key. I told them they never gave me a key? So they said I would need to bring the car in because they have a "master set " to see which one it is...than they would have to order the wheel lock and than they said they would charge me for it? I told them "are u *ucking kidding me! He said with no hesitation "no...that's not our problem that's your problem!" Unbelievable customer service!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #104
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
So they said I would need to bring the car in because they have a "master set " to see which one it is...than they would have to order the wheel lock and than they said they would charge me for it? I told them "are u *ucking kidding me! He said with no hesitation "no...that's not our problem that's your problem!" Unbelievable customer service!
They also charged me $60 (I think that's 1/2 labor) for determining which key I needed. I had a good laugh once they told me, but decided to just go with it, though I didn't care for this approach.

I get that they need to make money, but, if you're selling me the part already, should you really be charging me for labor to determine which one it is ? That said, this dealership didn't impress me with their customer service so far, so I wasn't really surprised, but be prepared for something like this once you go in.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #105
peter91118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 325xit, '09 335i

Quote:
Soooooo... I got off work this morning after a long night at Work i decided that hey I'm a slap on those Wheels! So I'm looking for the wheel lock as I've never taken my wheels off since I bought the car. So nothing in the boot in the back. I popped off the complete cover where the battery is and nothing. Nothing in the glove box, door pockets and even the sunglasses compartment! $hit...i even popped the hood for $hits and giggles...NOTHING! Now I called BMW and what they told me that because I bought the car CPO and not new they are not responsible for the key. I told them they never gave me a key? So they said I would need to bring the car in because they have a "master set " to see which one it is...than they would have to order the wheel lock and than they said they would charge me for it? I told them "are u *ucking kidding me! He said with no hesitation "no...that's not our problem that's your problem!" Unbelievable customer service!
Check the tool compartment on the trunk lid! That's where mine was hidden!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #106
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Soooooo... I got off work this morning after a long night at Work i decided that hey I'm a slap on those Wheels! So I'm looking for the wheel lock as I've never taken my wheels off since I bought the car. So nothing in the boot in the back. I popped off the complete cover where the battery is and nothing. Nothing in the glove box, door pockets and even the sunglasses compartment! $hit...i even popped the hood for $hits and giggles...NOTHING! Now I called BMW and what they told me that because I bought the car CPO and not new they are not responsible for the key. I told them they never gave me a key So they said I would need to bring the car in because they have a "master set " to see which one it is...than they would have to order the wheel lock and than they said they would charge me for it? I told them "are u *ucking kidding me! He said with no hesitation "no...that's not our problem that's your problem!" Unbelievable customer service!
Something is not right here, so you havent had a flat tire, brakes or a tire rotation since owning your car? If you have, the wheel lock is in there somewhere. If you don't find it and don't want to deal with the dealer, just take your car to a tire shop (call them first ) and have them remove the locks. They can usually impact them off with a special socket that they pound on over your lock with a hammer, assuming theres clearence in the lug hole on your old wheels. Or take it to the dealer and have them remove your locks with thier "master key" and say f' it and don't get another stock key, (yes you can drive home with only 4 lugs per wheel) you can get locks for bmw for like $30 bucks I'm sure the replacement key will be more than that. One more thing, after you get this figured out I hope you plan on putting your wheels yourself.. I would never trust a tire monkey to use your new lugs or attempt the install, if they scratch them you will go ape shit crazy

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 10-23-2015 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Don't call me teddy! Call me Mr. Longtooth!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #107
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I had the rear brakes serviced back in July since the car's under warranty. So they had to take the wheels off! If the wheel lock was missing then shouldn't the tech notified the SA about it than try contacting me? I think the tech forgot to put it back!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #108
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Okay...the SA from this morning was sent home for the day! Apparently the SA next to him heard the whole conversation when I called this morning and said he should not treat customers like that. For the inconvenience they Gave me their masterset key for mine and said the one they order they will just keep so I don't have to go back. NO CHARGE!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #109
peter91118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 325xit, '09 335i

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #110
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Something is not right here, so you havent had a flat tire, brakes or a tire rotation since owning your car?
Car has a staggered setup so u can't rotate the tires.
Appreciate 0