2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media LSturbointeg's slow & long journey of full detailing using Chemical Guy's!

08-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #111
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Yep those are tiny rust spots from industrial fallout which really show up on white cars.

Before claying, need to hit car with Iron-X or some other iron decontamination spray which will get rid of most of those little spots.
i figured you'd have to use the Iron-X for that.

so can't make it to the Cars and Coffee that early...but thinking about hitting up the Woodward Dream Cruise late morning and part of the afternoon before i go to work. is there any places you know of where BMW's meetup? i heard they do but i can't find anything on the internet about it?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #112
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i figured you'd have to use the Iron-X for that.

so can't make it to the Cars and Coffee that early...but thinking about hitting up the Woodward Dream Cruise late morning and part of the afternoon before i go to work. is there any places you know of where BMW's meetup? i heard they do but i can't find anything on the internet about it?
No worries.

I've never been to the Dream Cruise but what I've seen about it from the local news is it's mostly American muscle cars and doesn't appear to be particularly foreign car friendly (typical buy 'MURICAN' crowd).

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #113
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries.

I've never been to the Dream Cruise but what I've seen about it from the local news is it's mostly American muscle cars and doesn't appear to be particularly foreign car friendly (typical buy 'MURICAN' crowd).
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 01:14 AM   #114
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535D

Quote:
Okay guys Day 2 and I was gonna start this morning but it was too hot as **ck so I waited til late afternoon. So what I was able to get done in 4 hours was the front bumper, driverside fender, both doors on the driver's side as well as the skirt. Here's a shot of a pretty deep scratch that was on the car when I first bought it and I was able to pretty much use Meguiar's Glaze to cover it up but will start to come off with several car washes. So I went ahead and used V32 on this and here's the before:

And after:
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LSturbointeg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160804_202626.jpg.html]
So Gene, was this scratch in the clear layer or was it deeper through to the black paint? And do you think the V32 has fixed it permanently as my Daughter has a black Audi A1 and on the first day she had it she washed it with a bracelet on (silly girl!)
E36 328 Convertible - Montreal Blue
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 01:40 AM   #115
M6NIAC
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550

Loving it man!! What would you recommend for power coated matte black rims?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #116
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries.

I actually had a pretty good time with the wifey! we stuck out like a sore thumb couple of asians driving with all the oldies, classiscs, trucks and good ole american muscle and here i am in my European all blacked out BMW sitting on bronze wheels with looks from guys like WTF and other's give me the i counted 2 other BMW'S that day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet in Oz View Post
So Gene, was this scratch in the clear layer or was it deeper through to the black paint? And do you think the V32 has fixed it permanently as my Daughter has a black Audi A1 and on the first day she had it she washed it with a bracelet on (silly girl!)
hey Jet! i was able to get mine out with the V32 followed by V36. it was still in the clear and only had to do one pass so tho it looked deep it actually really wasn't. take a pix of yours and i can give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arko528 View Post
Loving it man!! What would you recommend for power coated matte black rims?
well i used Dr Beasley's Matte Wheel Sealant to protect the paint from the harsh environment, brake pad dust and everything else thrown at it. but i use CG's Meticulous Matte Wheel Sealant/Detailer after every wash. like i mentioned before i used Meguiar's detailer after each wash but it would make the wheel look glossy. now it looks really good with the matte detailer.
Appreciate 1
DDD311646.00
      08-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #117
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
I actually had a pretty good time with the wifey! we stuck out like a sore thumb couple of asians driving with all the oldies, classiscs, trucks and good ole american muscle and here i am in my European all blacked out BMW sitting on bronze wheels with looks from guys like WTF and other's give me the i counted 2 other BMW'S that day lol
Haha!! Glad you enjoyed it. Can't say I'm too surprised about you not seeing many BMWs. The Dream Cruise has always been about predominantly American cars.

Unfortunately in good ol Big 3 country here, there is certainly a lack of BMW get togethers like I read about in other areas of the country.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #118
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha!! Glad you enjoyed it. Can't say I'm too surprised about you not seeing many BMWs. The Dream Cruise has always been about predominantly American cars.

Unfortunately in good ol Big 3 country here, there is certainly a lack of BMW get togethers like I read about in other areas of the country.
We will have to make it out to MPact next year at Pocono Raceway as it looked like a pretty good turnout compared to Bimmerfest East which from hearing sucked so badly
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #119
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Just an update I got around to washing the car the first time since the paint correction. Using CG's Waterless Car Wash was so easy to use and the fact that it had Carnuba blended in left the finish shiney. Nothing spectacular but for just a wash it left the paint pretty clean. What I also liked about the Waterless wash is that it saved time when cleaning the inside door jambs from having to go back and detail it after the wash. It literally saved me a step! And one thing I notice because of maybe the Black light sealed in with the JetSeal on top it just looks different from what the paint looks like from previous car washes. Hard to explain. The car looked great as is but I wanted to finally use CG's V07 Detailed Spray/Sealant and wow it left the paint looking wet! Very easy to use wipe on wipe off.

When it came to washing the wheels the Waterless Wash again very easy to use. Because of Dr Beasley's Matte Wheel Sealant washing the wheels just felt different. I mean it cleaned so easy that I did not even have to use my wheel brush to clean in between the cracks and crevices literally all the dirt, grime and brake dust just wiped off easily with the micro fiber towel. The wheel looked clean but I wanted to try CG's Matte Wheel Sealant/Deatailer afterwards. Love it! Like mentioned from earlier post my wheels don't look shiney anymore but what it should be...Matte!

And to top if off spraying CG's Stripper Scent to make the car smell like Hawt Hoes and Strippers!
Appreciate 1
sqeezed98.50
      09-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #120
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Chemical Guy's is having a Labor day sale going on so yesterday and today you can get 30% off, Sat is 25%, Sun 20%, Mon 15% and Tue is 10%. I ordered the 1 gallon V7 Hybrid Detailer/Sealant and the 1 gal Meticulous Matte Detailer/Sealant.

The V7 is on sale for $48.99 but with 30% off that's $14.70 so it comes to $34.29!
Meticulous Matte Deatailer is on sale for $38.99 with the 30% off -$12 off comes to $27.99!

So I only paid $62 bucks for both which to me is AWESOME! LOVE this stuff you guys! I'm not sure I'll ever switch to something else?!

Just washed the car again and the V7 is no joke! With the Meguair's Detailer Spray which I've been using for 20+ years doesn't even compare! The V7 just wipes on and off with very little effort. The Meguair's just never gave it that deep gloss wet look

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 09-02-2016 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #121
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
I have the V7 sealant and works great. Nice offer for this weekend, I will check it out.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #122
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabypr View Post
I have the V7 sealant and works great. Nice offer for this weekend, I will check it out.
Yeah...it's like Christmas in September!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #123
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

LMAO, another thing I love about Chemical Guys - buying by the gallon!!!!! I have their anti-static/aquaphobic instant detailer, and a bunch of other goodies in gallon jugs. I love it, I just stocked up on spray bottles
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #124
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
LMAO, another thing I love about Chemical Guys - buying by the gallon!!!!! I have their anti-static/aquaphobic instant detailer, and a bunch of other goodies in gallon jugs. I love it, I just stocked up on spray bottles
LOL! My wife is laughing at me so she hands me the Dish Washing liquid off the sink and says "Here! Does this make you smile like the Chemical Guy's crap or is this not the same thing? "
So I tell her "This is for my baby and they're so Pretty and COLORFUL!"
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #125
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
LOL! My wife is laughing at me so she hands me the Dish Washing liquid off the sink and says "Here! Does this make you smile like the Chemical Guy's crap or is this not the same thing? "
So I tell her "This is for my baby and they're so Pretty and COLORFUL!"
lmfao, yeah, every time I order my wife just rolls her eyes. even though I detail her car too
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #126
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lmfao, yeah, every time I order my wife just rolls her eyes. even though I detail her car too
Have you tried any of their tire dressings?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #127
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Have you tried any of their tire dressings?
actually I haven't yet, I have a few bottles of Adams tire dressing, and I will get some chemical guys stuff when it runs out.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 12:31 PM   #128
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

so i've been working on correcting the paint for the last few days. god i hate polishing but luckily, its been great weather so i'm not sweating all over the place.

my question...where you able to get all of the swirls out? i had sooooo many swirls that i actually hated to wash the car because that made em more noticeable. however....using Meg's M105 and then the M205, there are STILL some swirls left. i'd say i've gotten rid of about 75% or so. the paint looks great, but i can still see the swirls in direct sunlight.

i want to go ahead and seal it with the CQuartz but i know i'll hate myself if i do it before getting the remaining swirls out of it. but im not even sure its possible...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #129
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
so i've been working on correcting the paint for the last few days. god i hate polishing but luckily, its been great weather so i'm not sweating all over the place.

my question...where you able to get all of the swirls out? i had sooooo many swirls that i actually hated to wash the car because that made em more noticeable. however....using Meg's M105 and then the M205, there are STILL some swirls left. i'd say i've gotten rid of about 75% or so. the paint looks great, but i can still see the swirls in direct sunlight.

i want to go ahead and seal it with the CQuartz but i know i'll hate myself if i do it before getting the remaining swirls out of it. but im not even sure its possible...
yes i got all my swirls out! well maybe 90-95%! if you have swirls left don't seal it just yet. not sure of the Meguiar's which one is the most aggressive compound but after the first pass you should have gotten most of the swirls out if you let the product work. if not it could be a number of things you're doing wrong? wrong pad? not letting the product break down and do it's job? not enough pressure on the DA? have you watched JunkMan's videos?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #130
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
yes i got all my swirls out! well maybe 90-95%! if you have swirls left don't seal it just yet. not sure of the Meguiar's which one is the most aggressive compound but after the first pass you should have gotten most of the swirls out if you let the product work. if not it could be a number of things you're doing wrong? wrong pad? not letting the product break down and do it's job? not enough pressure on the DA? have you watched JunkMan's videos?
yeah man. im doing the same thing i've done on the other cars i've corrected. dont get me wrong...it looks great. but, in the right light, you can still see some swirls.

i've changed the pads from slightly aggressive to the most aggressive. im so frustrated. shit!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #131
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
yeah man. im doing the same thing i've done on the other cars i've corrected. dont get me wrong...it looks great. but, in the right light, you can still see some swirls.

i've changed the pads from slightly aggressive to the most aggressive. im so frustrated. shit!!!!
When I said 90-95% swirl free I was able to use Chemical Guys Black Light to fill in whatever scratches I couldn't get out. It might be the Meguiar's product tho Junkman had no problems using it? What kind of DA polisher are you using?
Appreciate 0