2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications FAIL P2297 O2 sensor out of area on deceleration

07-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Morten BMW DK
Registered
Rep
Drives: 550ix f10

Question FAIL P2297 O2 sensor out of area on deceleration

HI Bimmerguys

i have a little problem with my 550i f10.

I have a fail on the car which states O2 sensor fail on bank 1 under deceleration (BMW air intake system leak detected)

But the car runs perfect

Anyone with experience with this type of fail on the N63 engine?

First i thought it was the O2 sensor and took it out, it was all black with sod, then i cleaned it and put it back and tried to run the engine again. didn't do anything.

Then i took both sensors out, cleaned them and then switched them, in hope of a new failure on bank 2. and by then try to isolate the problem. However it didn't work still fault and sod on sensor in bank 1.

Next step:

I took the turbo air intake apart to see if there's any cracks or leaks. there wasn't. But i think maybe the orange seal between the air intake and the turbo perhaps is the problem, because beneath turbo one was a little wet by oil leak from this seal and beneath turbo 2 was completely dry.

I don't know yet if this is where the problem is, because i can't get the seal before monday.

let me know your thoughts and experiences

(sorry for my poor english skills)

Kind regards Morten
Appreciate 0