2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Vibrant resonator question...

07-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Vibrant resonator question...

Anyone on here remove their factory resonator? I had some custom exhaust work done and deleted the factory resonators. Now the drone is too much and I want to install vibrant resonators. Just need some help on which ones to order. Has anyone installed vibrant resonators? I have a 2011 535i Xdrive. Can't find anything on what size the factory piping is and what would be the correct resonator to order. I read about the vibrant #1792 can anyone confirm those will work for me?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Hi, check this post which provide information regarding vibrant resonators, good luck

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1391419

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
Jayphil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535I xdrive 2011 (M-SPORT)

Vibrant resonators will not do much on drone. I have added those to reduce drone and it has not helped much.

1/4 wave resonator (also name j-pipe) is what you need. Trust me I have both.
BMW 535I xdrive 2011 M-Sport with H&R Springs, Niche Form Wheels 8.5 ET35 / 10.5 ET35, Continental DSW06 245/35 & 285/30, JB4 Map 5, ER Downpipe, Megan Racing Quad Exhaust with Vibrant resonators, M5 Diffuser, Orange reflector shaved and removed xdrive badge.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabypr View Post
Hi, check this post which provide information regarding vibrant resonators, good luck

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1391419
Perfect, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
runwild
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayphil View Post
Vibrant resonators will not do much on drone. I have added those to reduce drone and it has not helped much.

I actually came across your thread earlier and thought the j-pipe idea was interesting. I want to research it a bit. I have a Megan quad exhaust with a catless ER downpipe and straight pipes where the factory resonator was. Should of tried the Megan mufflers with factory resonator first before I went to straight pipes but the factory mufflers and resonator are so restrictive, the car sounded stock with my catless downpipe, it was pretty disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
Jayphil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535I xdrive 2011 (M-SPORT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayphil View Post

I actually came across your thread earlier and thought the j-pipe idea was interesting. I want to research it a bit. I have a Megan quad exhaust with a catless ER downpipe and straight pipes where the factory resonator was. Should of tried the Megan mufflers with factory resonator first before I went to straight pipes but the factory mufflers and resonator are so restrictive, the car sounded stock with my catless downpipe, it was pretty disappointing.
I have the same setup except I kept the oem resonator. Does not sound that loud but this what I was looking for
BMW 535I xdrive 2011 M-Sport with H&R Springs, Niche Form Wheels 8.5 ET35 / 10.5 ET35, Continental DSW06 245/35 & 285/30, JB4 Map 5, ER Downpipe, Megan Racing Quad Exhaust with Vibrant resonators, M5 Diffuser, Orange reflector shaved and removed xdrive badge.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 05:48 AM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwild View Post
hey bro so what did you ever do? i'm on the fence as it seems removing those resonators people have been getting DRONE which i don't want. and that's all from doing a straight pipe back from the DP?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0