2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum OEM CF MSPORT lower rear bumper Swap!

03-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

OEM CF MSPORT lower rear bumper Swap!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have a opportunity to buy an OEM 550 lower part of the rear Msport bumper in Carbon Fiber.
I own a 535 though!

I had a few questions...

1.Could i swap that lower piece out easily and purchase the 550 tips somewhere and have them put onto the 535 muffler?

2.Is this feasible without to much of a headache and cost$$

3.Can someone guide me through the process of making this happen!

4.Is this to much to do on a leased vehicle with having to change it back in a few years?

Thanks in advance
ROB
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

this topic has been discussed a few times on the forum. You can search for them in the exhaust section. but to answer your question.

1. You can buy Qual tips to weld on to the OEM mufflers, but you have to cut the original tips, cut a lot of the quad tips, and weld on to the mufflers. it won't cost much, but since your car is a lease, the dealer will definitely know you did something and I am not sure if they will accept it even if you change the tips back.

You can buy a bolt on catback system. I don't know if you still need to cut, but at least it will not be as noticeable when you put the OEM back on. It will cost a lot more than changing the tips.

Sorry, didn't read your message carefully. If you want 550 tips, I don't think you can just change the tips. They won't line up since 535 mufflers has one out let in the center, 550 has two. You will have to at least replace the mufflers and do a axle back system.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
this topic has been discussed a few times on the forum. You can search for them in the exhaust section. but to answer your question.

1. You can buy Qual tips to weld on to the OEM mufflers, but you have to cut the original tips, cut a lot of the quad tips, and weld on to the mufflers. it won't cost much, but since your car is a lease, the dealer will definitely know you did something and I am not sure if they will accept it even if you change the tips back.

You can buy a bolt on catback system. I don't know if you still need to cut, but at least it will not be as noticeable when you put the OEM back on. It will cost a lot more than changing the tips.

Sorry, didn't read your message carefully. If you want 550 tips, I don't think you can just change the tips. They won't line up since 535 mufflers has one out let in the center, 550 has two. You will have to at least replace the mufflers and do a axle back system.
I guess ill be staying with what I got...all good!
A bit more work than I want to even attempt to do on a leased vehicle.
Thanks for the quick response.
All the best
Rob
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
jdmfrogg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535

as yxc145 mentioned, you should also do a search using key words like M sport diffuser.... I could have sworn that I read in one of the posts that the center insert on a 535 rear bumper (non m sport) is not 2 peices... but a 1 peice... ie even though it looks like there might be a way to seperate just the diffuser, it is actually one molded peice. Search to be sure... but that would mean that the only way to run that M sport diffuser is to buy a whole new rear m sport bumper. hope this helps - J
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
I guess ill be staying with what I got...all good!
A bit more work than I want to even attempt to do on a leased vehicle.
Thanks for the quick response.
All the best
Rob
Sorry, Lease vehicles are not good for mods.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfrogg View Post
as yxc145 mentioned, you should also do a search using key words like M sport diffuser.... I could have sworn that I read in one of the posts that the center insert on a 535 rear bumper (non m sport) is not 2 peices... but a 1 peice... ie even though it looks like there might be a way to seperate just the diffuser, it is actually one molded peice. Search to be sure... but that would mean that the only way to run that M sport diffuser is to buy a whole new rear m sport bumper. hope this helps - J
It seems he has a 535i M-Sport now, so he should just need the 550i M-Sport Diffuser and Tips if he wanted to go for it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
jdmfrogg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535

good catch Shawn, i didn't look close enough at the pic.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #8
F10 HRE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black F10 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB
I have a opportunity to buy an OEM 550 lower part of the rear Msport bumper in Carbon Fiber.
I own a 535 though!

I had a few questions...

1.Could i swap that lower piece out easily and purchase the 550 tips somewhere and have them put onto the 535 muffler?

2.Is this feasible without to much of a headache and cost$$

3.Can someone guide me through the process of making this happen!

4.Is this to much to do on a leased vehicle with having to change it back in a few years?

Thanks in advance
ROB
I've got an OEM 550i M Sport CF Diffusor for sale!!!!

Jay
Appreciate 0