2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Mobile phone works "half way".

06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
FnoFFen
Rep
Drives: 525d 2011 saloon, space grey

Mobile phone works "half way".

I have paired my HTC-One with my new 2011 F10. It works very well when it works. However, sometimes it seems as if the contact with phone and car is only "half way":

What happens is I receive a call and I cannot answer with the button on the steering wheel - I have to answer by pressing down the Idrive-wheel. Then, I can only hear the caller in the phone itself (I suppose the speaker of the phone turns on...?). The caller, however, can hear me fine. If I ask the person to call me again then everything works as normal.

It seems to me this happens when the phone is in my jacket lying in the back seat - have to do some more testing.

Has someone else experienced this? Does the phone need to be close to the dashboard for working properly - i.e. in the front seat?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
FnoFFen
Rep
Drives: 525d 2011 saloon, space grey

No one else have experienced this problem?

I have now found out this is not related to where I place the phone in the coupe. Yesterday this happened when I had the phone in my pants' pocket.

This is only a problem with incoming calls and it happens 15-20% of the times. Can live with it - a bit irritating though

Would appreciate if those of you also having HTC One paired to F10/11 could give some feedback what your experience is. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

My htc one x+ works fine. I would suggest making sure your software is up to date. Go to BMW.com/update and plug your vin in. After updating the software, unpair, then re-pair your phone.
Appreciate 0