2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Enhanced USB and Bluetooth Coding

07-31-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Phuntoosh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d SE

Enhanced USB and Bluetooth Coding

I can't give enough praise to Patryk and his team at Bimmertech.

I recently purchased a new BMW 520d SE. Unfortunately I did not order the enhanced bluetooth and USB option as I was not told it was necessary.

Instead I was given the standard BMW Y-cable to connect my iPhone. I was so disappointed as the sound quality was absolutely terrible. The sound was horribly distorted.

The car dealership told me that nothing could be done now as it is a factory fitted option only.

I searched through the forums and came across some posts about Bimmertech services.

Apparently a lot of cars already have the necessary hardware but the features are kept inactive by BMW.

So I sent my VIN number over to Patryk and within minutes he confirmed that my hardware is fine and that some simple coding on his end can activate the feature.

As soon as I placed the order through their website, within days I was in contact with their technician.

He remotely programmed my computer to deliver the new codes to the car.

Low and behold, within 30 mins my car had the enhanced bluetooth and USB function.

Immediately I could start enjoying my music in crystal clear digital clarity as it should be. Instead of the Y-cable I now simply use the apple lightning cable.

Bluetooth audio streaming also now works a treat. It was impressive to see the album art now displayed on the screen.

I had two other bonuses which were not expected. Firstly, I now get my phone SMS message notifications on the screen. The "Office" functionality on the car has been activated.

Secondly my voice control function has been activated! Bonus.

Can't thank you guys enough. For everyone out there, save yourself a lot of money. Don't pay the dealership unnecessarily. Get in touch with Patryk@Bimmertech.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
pklaziemofo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

do you have his contact?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
Phuntoosh
Registered
Rep