2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding My coding experience with MWPos!!
Closed Thread

08-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

My coding experience with MWPos!!

I want to take a moment to share my recent coding experience with, MWPos. I recently purchased an $800 M-Performance steering wheel with paddle shifters from Patryk at, www.bimmer-tech.net. After installing the steering wheel, Patryk’s tech support remotely connected to my computer and successfully activated my paddle shifters.

Subsequently, I had a problem with my rear trunk comfort access and took my car to my SA at BMW. In the process of trouble shooting the problem, they reset my car’s programing back to the factory software baseline. As a result, this also erased my paddle shifter activation code.

My problem began with Patryk, at www.bimmer-tech.net, wanting $100 every single time I needed my shift paddles recoded!

This incented me to learn how to do this myself.

Fortunately, I had recently read the following post by, Evolve:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875742

I pm’d MWPos immediately and explained that I wanted to learn how to code my car so that I could do it myself, as needed, into the future.

In the meantime, he gave me the link to download all the necessary files and step-by-step instructions on how to install and activate E-Sys on my computer. MWPos provided me with a detailed list of all the options that are available for coding. He asked me to pre-select what I wanted to accomplish. Once I let him know what I wanted to accomplish he sent me a personalized list with all the coding specifics to have available for our initial meeting and for subsequent use as needed.

Then he emailed me a step-by-step user guide on how to navigate thru E-Sys and code my car with a nicely detailed cheat sheet for reference.

Once we remotely connected it was all smooth sailing. I was totally blown away by his post coding follow up with me too. He is a true professional and absolutely enjoys coding and helping others. I want you to know that MWPos is extremely astute, articulate, patient and detail-oriented. I realize there are others you can go to for coding. I am not belittling, berating or discrediting any other coders in any way whatsoever. However I highly recommend you pm MWPos, if you want something as simple as having your car coded or more involved stuff like learning how to code yourself. If you have concerns with wanting the peace-of-mind, trust and confidence in whoever you chose to code your valued BMW then look no further. He is second to none and is available at virtuallly a moment’s notice, as he always has his lap top with him!

MWPos is always looking for new challenges, so I encourage you to pm him about anything you need!

Lastly, his background, education and work experience are beyond reproach. Frankly, it is pretty damn amazing! Ask him to share his LinkedIn profile with you. You will then understand why he is so proficient with a program like E-Sys and coding our cars.

Thanks again for all your time, expertise and help, Michael (MWPos)!

Andy

Last edited by Andy H.; 08-26-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Andy, Thank you! I am grateful for your patience as I asked you so many times set up so that we could chase down the GWS ECU CAFD problem. I have not given up!
      09-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Russian
Drive
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i 2013

Coding with MWPos

The gent rocks. I attest to the described experience.

Thanks, MP.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Russian,
Thank you. I have a feeling that I will learn more from you than you have learned from me! Let the journey begin!
      10-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep

10-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmealRocks View Post
OP. Great review. I too might go this route and learn about coding. Hopefully spread the knowledge.
Thanks! Michael is a great guy with all the expertise. You won't be dissapointed!