2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Group Coding Session - F1x series - FREE !

08-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #397
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiemail View Post
I just collected my new F11 520d a week ago, moving from a 2012 F10. The change to EBT is a bit annoying since I was used to having the 2 phone setup, as well as the office functions.

Build date is May 2015, could someone help me with finding the software? I'm hoping there's enough information in the post to work out how to do this (though anyone kind enough to give me a idiots summary would earn my eternal gratitude!).

Thanks!
I think I have understood your question, but am not very sure. You state that changes to EBT are annoying - what changes to EBT are you specifically referring to?

2 phone setup in BMW has always been part of EBT, since launch of F10 - this has never changed. BMW has started to offer voice control, bluetooth phone pairing, bluetooth music pairing as standard now (this used to be a paid option earlier); but the 2 phone option has always been with EBT only.

If you did not order your F10 with the EBT option, you can get it coded.
This requires E-Sys software, E-Sys launcher, psdzdata files, and knowing how to VO code 6NS to in SLAPA elements, and then coding HU_NBT CAFD module.
      08-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #398
richiemail
Private
Rep
Drives: X4 M40d (G02) LCI

Apologies Gspannu, I wasn't remotely clear.

EBT was standard with Pro-Nav on my 2012 F10, and I expected it would still be standard with Pro-Nav on my 2015 F11. As I later read it wasn't so I don't have the 2nd Phone or Office features (or the snap-in adaptor base, I expected to be able to move my adaptor from my old car).

From reading this thread, I can apparently reactivate the EBT logical features through coding (since I have Pro-Nav / NBT on the car). I'm looking for where I can get a copy of the latest software to attempt this, and any guidance on how to do it. I've read this thread, and some cheat sheet guides from an F30 forum, though it still looks a bit tricky.

Given it's a recent build, I'm guessing I need the latest version that Skidm8 used?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #399
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Apologies Gspannu, I wasn't remotely clear.

EBT was standard with Pro-Nav on my 2012 F10, and I expected it would still be standard with Pro-Nav on my 2015 F11. As I later read it wasn't so I don't have the 2nd Phone or Office features (or the snap-in adaptor base, I expected to be able to move my adaptor from my old car).

From reading this thread, I can apparently reactivate the EBT logical features through coding (since I have Pro-Nav / NBT on the car). I'm looking for where I can get a copy of the latest software to attempt this, and any guidance on how to do it. I've read this thread, and some cheat sheet guides from an F30 forum, though it still looks a bit tricky.

Given it's a recent build, I'm guessing I need the latest version that Skidm8 used?
No issues, I understand your dilemma - and you aren't the first to be caught out by BMW changes !

You will need software and do the same as Skidm8 is doing. It is mainly a matter of adding 6NS to your VO options and coding HU_NBT. If you are into software and understand the risks - please go for it. I can PM you the links, etc...
.. but if you are not into this, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. Find someone to code your car; most trusted coders will do this for you free (or at least should do this for free)
      08-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #400
richiemail
Private
Rep

I'd like to give it a go, as well as the EBT, enabling USB video, and video in motion will add value to the car for me. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the links, I'll give it a try. My background is IT, so from what I've read it doesn't seem too complicated, my biggest concern is around the changes in E-Sys between when guides are written, and the version I need to use on my car. I found a good guide for the VO coding called "E-Sys - How to change FA in an F-Series Car" with screenshot steps, plus CADF options in an F30 forum. I've also ordered the cable off eBay!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #401
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'd like to give it a go, as well as the EBT, enabling USB video, and video in motion will add value to the car for me. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the links, I'll give it a try. My background is IT, so from what I've read it doesn't seem too complicated, my biggest concern is around the changes in E-Sys between when guides are written, and the version I need to use on my car. I found a good guide for the VO coding called "E-Sys - How to change FA in an F-Series Car" with screenshot steps, plus CADF options in an F30 forum. I've also ordered the cable off eBay!
Sent you a PM with all links... enjoy !
      08-04-2015, 03:31 AM   #402
richiemail
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Sent you a PM with all links... enjoy !
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #403
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d M Sport

Hi gspannu,

these are the figures I have settled on for "Steering Vibration":-
30, 38, 40, 40, 48, 48, 50, 58

I went from hardly feeling the vibration to a complete massage of my hands but found these figures alerted my attention enough.

Now just to expand on the coding for EBT.
1) Remove all mobiles that are at present paired with the vehicle.
2) I need to add 6NS to my VO options in alphanumeric order and then code the HU_NBT ECU so that the ECU is upgraded with the definition of 6NS.
3)I guess any changes I have made to other bits of coding in HU_NBT previously will require redoing??
4) Will the car need to be left over night to get use to these changes (I don't know why)??
5) Then re-pair the mobiles again.

Thanks again for your support,
John
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #404
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidm8 View Post
Hi gspannu,

these are the figures I have settled on for "Steering Vibration":-
30, 38, 40, 40, 48, 48, 50, 58

I went from hardly feeling the vibration to a complete massage of my hands but found these figures alerted my attention enough.

Now just to expand on the coding for EBT.
1) Remove all mobiles that are at present paired with the vehicle. OK
2) I need to add 6NS to my VO options in alphanumeric order (save the FA/VO options back) and then code the HU_NBT ECU so that the ECU is upgraded with the definition of 6NS.
Shutdown. Switch on again. Reconnect and then FDL code as below.
3)I guess any changes I have made to other bits of coding in HU_NBT previously will require redoing?? YES
4) Will the car need to be left over night to get use to these changes (I don't know why)?? NO. But you may need to shutdown and switch on.
5) Then re-pair the mobiles again. YES

Thanks again for your support,
John
What were the most aggressive/intense vibration settings that you tried? Any particular reason for moving back to the settings you have chosen?

As for 6NS, answers inline.

Last edited by gspannu; 08-04-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #405
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi All,

so good news, I have EBT (6NS) now on my car.

I took my time and as richiemail suggested I stuck religiously to "E-Sys - How to change FA in an F-Series Car" and all went well. I flashed the HB_NBT ECU and restored the few lines of coding I had previously changed which went well naturally.

My only problem was in getting two mobiles paired together with the car. The older one (a HTC-HD) went like a dream but not so my Apple 5S which did not just want turning off/on but also needed the device (ie. the car) deleted from it's Bluetooth memory.
So if you do have pairing problems after coding EBT with no problems ie. "0" Errors during the coding procedure, then try taking the car and the mobiles back to "Pre-Bluetooth connection status" completely and then establish the connection again. This worked for me.

Thanks again to gspannu for all the support, it was much apprechiated.

Regards John
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #406
richiemail
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi All,

so good news, I have EBT (6NS) now on my car.

I took my time and as richiemail suggested I stuck religiously to "E-Sys - How to change FA in an F-Series Car" and all went well. I flashed the HB_NBT ECU and restored the few lines of coding I had previously changed which went well naturally.

My only problem was in getting two mobiles paired together with the car. The older one (a HTC-HD) went like a dream but not so my Apple 5S which did not just want turning off/on but also needed the device (ie. the car) deleted from it's Bluetooth memory.
So if you do have pairing problems after coding EBT with no problems ie. "0" Errors during the coding procedure, then try taking the car and the mobiles back to "Pre-Bluetooth connection status" completely and then establish the connection again. This worked for me.

Thanks again to gspannu for all the support, it was much apprechiated.

Regards John
Great news John. I also coded EBT, but while I've got the office functions, I'm still not getting the additional phone option. I think it might be because I forgot to unpair existing phones first. I unpaired the phones and then coded NBT again, but it didn't make any difference. I'm going to try removing 6NS completely and coding, then applying again.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 02:36 AM   #407
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Great news John. I also coded EBT, but while I've got the office functions, I'm still not getting the additional phone option. I think it might be because I forgot to unpair existing phones first. I unpaired the phones and then coded NBT again, but it didn't make any difference. I'm going to try removing 6NS completely and coding, then applying again.
Hi,

now just remember I am not an expert but did you apply the CAFD files mentioned by gspannu in post #223 of this thread?? I downloaded these files and moved them to the directory he said in post #225.

When I did upgrade these files the Move/Replace informed that the files already existed but the new files were significantly bigger so I accepted the new files. This operation I did before starting the upgrade. (Where gspannu found out this nugget of info I just don't know ). If you did not do this then it maybe the answer.

Just to check, have a look again at gspannu post #404 for me. Also I did not change the list just added 6NS alphanumerically in to the list to make the change. Another observation, after reloading back to the car or restarting the HU_NBT ECU my personal alterations/changes/settings were lost. A bit obvious that but just to mention it.

I believe your car and mine are identical, with regards to the build date, in software so it must work for you.

I hope this helps,
John
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 04:18 AM   #408
richiemail
Private
Rep

Ah, that I missed...

Ive found the mega links, but they don't seem to be working for me right now. I'll try again a bit later. I'm guessing that once I import those files into the correct directory, then I just need to VO code the HU_NBT a second time? (Remembering to unpair the mobiles again first).

I did lose all my personal settings, though I didn't realise until I sent to use one last night. I left off resetting them all figuring I'd effectively re-wipe today when I tried to repeat the process.

Thanks John and Gspannu for all the guidance and patience. Hopefully I'm almost there.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #409
richiemail
Private
Rep

Hmm, still not getting the additional phone, while all the office functions come over fine.

After adding in the 2 patched files from earlier in this thread, I removed 6NS, rewrote FP, coded NBT. Then went through the process to add it back in again, same result.

Also successfully coded the speedlock removal, pressure and temperature for tyres, and the Digital Speedo while I was in there.

Gspannu, do you have any ideas why the EBT is is getting me the office features (Office in menu, SMS from phone etc) but not giving me the additional / 2nd phone feature?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #410
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, still not getting the additional phone, while all the office functions come over fine.

After adding in the 2 patched files from earlier in this thread, I removed 6NS, rewrote FP, coded NBT. Then went through the process to add it back in again, same result.

Also successfully coded the speedlock removal, pressure and temperature for tyres, and the Digital Speedo while I was in there.

Gspannu, do you have any ideas why the EBT is is getting me the office features (Office in menu, SMS from phone etc) but not giving me the additional / 2nd phone feature?
If I recall, there is some setting in iDrive (Bluetooth options maybe) to enable the additional telephone. I think it is a check-box that you need to select to enable additional features.

I am out travelling at the moment; so do not have my car to hand to go over and have a look.
      08-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #411
richiemail
Private
Rep

Got it, I was looking under bluetooth -> configure device menu. Digging a bit deeper I found a Bluetooth configuration menu item where additional phone and office options were unticked. As soon as I ticked them , the additional phone option became available. EBT now completely working as required.

Gspannu, when you setup your next meet I'd love to come along, say hello and give you a bottle of something!!!

John, thanks for your help too. Knowing someone else got it working with the same build date kept me sure it could be done.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #412
Skidm8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Got it, I was looking under bluetooth -> configure device menu. Digging a bit deeper I found a Bluetooth configuration menu item where additional phone and office options were unticked. As soon as I ticked them , the additional phone option became available. EBT now completely working as required.

Gspannu, when you setup your next meet I'd love to come along, say hello and give you a bottle of something!!!

John, thanks for your help too. Knowing someone else got it working with the same build date kept me sure it could be done.
There are knew you could do it !! Although, I am not sure I helped really.

Gspannu, like richiemail, I too would like to come to your next meeting, if there is room, to say thanks properly for all your help.

Cheers John
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #413
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
There are knew you could do it !! Although, I am not sure I helped really.

Gspannu, like richiemail, I too would like to come to your next meeting, if there is room, to say thanks properly for all your help.

Cheers John
Great news guys... that all is finally working.

You are welcome to the next meet, whenever I'm able to set it up.... but really pleased that a lot more people are taking up coding and enjoying their cars. Good luck.
      08-13-2015, 05:40 AM   #414
richiemail
Private
Rep

One other thing I'd love to be able to change on my car, not sure if it can be achieved through coding?

Is it possible to disable the Dynamic Drive splash screens (Sport, Comport, Eco Pro) that occupy the entire iDrive screen whenever you change modes? They're cool for the first month or so, then just obscure the screen whenever you switch...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #415
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
One other thing I'd love to be able to change on my car, not sure if it can be achieved through coding?

Is it possible to disable the Dynamic Drive splash screens (Sport, Comport, Eco Pro) that occupy the entire iDrive screen whenever you change modes? They're cool for the first month or so, then just obscure the screen whenever you switch...
You do not need to code this. It is available as a setting in iDrive.

I think its somewhere here...
Goto iDrive > Settings > Driving Mode > Driving Mode Info (checkbox)

Enjoy !
      08-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #416
Vee8
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d mSport

Hi gspannu,

I have just recently purchased an F10 530d and have been reading this coding thread with much interest. I find a lot goes over my head in all honesty especially when fellow members use technical terms such as Base variant, trimming, etc! I live in Basingstoke and would really appreciate it if I could be invited to the next meeting? I don't think I will ever be capable of coding myself but I would like to learn a little more and learning from a coding guru like yourself would be ideal.

I know what I would like the car to do but at this moment in time I am having trouble carrying out a simple software update! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:09 AM   #417
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee8 View Post
Hi gspannu,

I have just recently purchased an F10 530d and have been reading this coding thread with much interest. I find a lot goes over my head in all honesty especially when fellow members use technical terms such as Base variant, trimming, etc! I live in Basingstoke and would really appreciate it if I could be invited to the next meeting? I don't think I will ever be capable of coding myself but I would like to learn a little more and learning from a coding guru like yourself would be ideal.

I know what I would like the car to do but at this moment in time I am having trouble carrying out a simple software update! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Vee8,

Congratulations on your car.

I am out of the country from tonight... an am back next weekend. Since you are local to me, you really do not need to wait until the next meet.

Contact me once I'm back (after next weekend), and we can meet up some evening and sort the things you need done. Enjoy your car.
      08-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #418
Vee8
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530d mSport

Thank you Gspannu, very genourous of you!
Will PM you.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0