2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum All 550 owners please share your experience!

08-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
alpinef10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550xi M sport

All 550 owners please share your experience!

I would like to take a poll and get some feedback from all 550 owners who ordered their vehicle with adaptive drive and active roll stabilization. Im looking to see how well the suspension has held up and how bad the wear and tear is with a suspension system that is relatively complex vs the conventional. If possible please include your mileage and whether the suspension is still plush compared to the first 5-10,000 miles you drove it and anything else you might want to add. If you can chime I would really appreciate it. I am actually ordering another 550 to replace the one I am trading in as the one I have seems to have a major intermittent issue with the dampening (took it in for service countless times and the service center claims there is nothing wrong with the vehicle as it doesnt show any faults - vehicle was towed twice and I also drifted into a curb going over 70 miles/hr so that probably has something to do with it) So, I am not sure whether to order one with the same dynamic handling package or stay away from it as it may bring problems further down the road. Thanks!
Appreciate 0