2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Its small but BMW listened

07-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Its small but BMW listened

One thing that really pissed me off on the E60 5-Series was the headlight washer that would squirt the entire front bonnet (freshly waxed and shiny) with washer fluid instead of just blitzing the headlights.

On my new F07 / 5GT and posisbly on the F10/F11 as well, the headlight washer is angled across the headlight and sprays to the side of the car and not on the bonnet (and for that matter not even across the fender).

Small thing but love my wax shine staying on longer!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
SuiDO
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good to know. BMW lives up to the promise - continuous improvement to stay in competition.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

If I remember correctly from when I lived in Germany long time ago, it is a fineable offense to splash a pedestrian when driving by in a car. Now, you can give them a shower instead...or induce road rage from the guy next to you as you drive by. There are consequences for everything. If the lights were dirty enough to need the washer, the front end of the car probably wasn't shiney any more, either.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
The headlight washer comes on simultaneously to the windscreen washer. Use the screen washer and the headlight washer would also go regardless of the requirement. In the E60 it was angled upwards so the headlight washer would effectively spray the entire bonnet in a moving car. In the F07 (and possibly others) it is angled across the headlight and over the fender. Every time I have seen it deployed, it was not enough to spray pedestrians and passing cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

The few cars I've had with headlight washers, (it's been awhile - maybe I've remembered incorrectly), there was a separate control to turn them on from the windscreen.
Appreciate 0