2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions F10 Headlight Halo Modding?

02-06-2024, 01:04 PM   #1
Baraa
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Talking F10 Headlight Halo Modding?

Hello all.
I've recently noticed that my pass. headlight is starting to collect a large amount of condensation through a tiny crack in the lens and I've taken it upon myself to replace the lens and gasket on the F10. On the older E-chassis cars I know that a lot of people put in LEDs and RGB halo rings in their lights and I was wondering if the same can be done in our cars, without losing any functionality/having DTC (trouble codes) pop up? Ive been really interested in this product below, as I really like the brightness, adjustability, and even the shape of the DTM U style. I would really mainly use it to do yellow/ cool white, not a fan of the other colors lol. Does anybody know how hard it would be to do this, should I expect DTCs or Dashboard Malfunction errors to pop up? As I said I am already planning on replacing the lens, and I was thinking about putting these in while I'm in there. Appreciate all thoughts

This is for a 2013 535i with the Adaptive Xenons. Thank you

Product I was thinking about using:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/10050...apt=4itemAdapt

Last edited by Baraa; 02-06-2024 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: link was not working
Appreciate 0