2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum N47 fuel pump? cut out.

03-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
PLuKE
Private
Rep
Drives: n/a

N47 fuel pump? cut out.

Hi folks.

Well I am after some help. My 520d N47 auto, it cut out on the dual carriage way at rush hour coming onto a bridge not a great experience I must admit!

Before it cut out, I had the car on cruise at 60mph, It felt the like car had a soft gear change, I felt something, but not a splutter.

Anyway, car wouldn't restart, and battery couldn't take much more cranking and said tranny problem, got recovered, very long story!!

I had the car read:-

4CA0 oil pressure switch plausibility

4BDA fuel pre supply pressure control

4590 Rail pressure plausibility delivered controlled

had them cleared and nothing, still cranks over and over.

I spoke with an Indy BMW dealer and they said fuel pump. I bought the car from a small garage, who seem to be trying to wash there hands with it, and said fuel systems aren't covered, but they might contribute, they need to talk about it.

Any ideas?

Is it worth buying a new fuel pump, Can I test it anyway without software? The replay seems to work, looks clean inside of it, but it does get warm when I tried cranking the car over.

Camchain seems fine, no nosies etc?
Appreciate 0