2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) 550i Build Question (M-Sport/ARS)

02-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

550i Build Question (M-Sport/ARS)

Hello,

I managed to not be paying attention when I posted this thread under the photo/video forum by mistake. This is where I meant to post this, thanks to the person who replied in the other thread

I am about to place an order for a 550i and am going with the M-Sport option with the Dynamic Damper Control option selected which is another $1K based on feedback here on the forums.

I have also read a lot about Integral Active Steering and Active Roll Stabilization. IAS is a $1750 option and the only way to get ARS is via the Dynamic Handling Package which also includes DDC is $3500. So for $2500 I get the adaptive drive.

I know Dynamic Handling is debated here a lot but if I went with that is it worth it without IAS? I unfortunately have not been able to drive a car with DDC/IAS/ARS because the dealer does not order cars with these options for inventory purposes. I went with DDC as the majority of the comments here were very positive on it.

I don't think I want to spring for both the DHP and IAS but I'm wondering if DHP alone is really going to be worth it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

I think the option packages have changed since I ordered my car, but I have all 3 (DDC/ARS/IAS) and would order it the same way again.

I would say yes, it is definitely worth it to get the DHP without IAS, but IAS makes the car very maneuverable in small spaces - moreso than my previous 335, and is well worth the money IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Car is heavy and I have a 2012 with DDC and would definitely get it again. Have added Sport Springs H&R and Dinan Shockware suspension software to bring the car in line with what it should be and somewhat closer to BMW performance driving and M5 driving dynamics as well. GL
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0