2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications BMS stage 1 and intake causing check engine light

11-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
jihwan0212
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BMS stage 1 and intake causing check engine light

Hey guys, I installed my BMS stage 1 and BMS performance intake about a few months ago. It hasn't been a problem for the first couple months, but lately it has been throwing check engine light on my car only after spirited driving. When I remove these two to take the car to a service department, it either immediately goes away or after a little. Any ideas what might be causing the issue? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Have a bmw code reader?

Sometimes intakes on these cars make the MAF sensor got nuts.. Try leaving the intake off but leaving the tune installed.. check back.
      11-28-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
jihwan0212
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Have a bmw code reader?

Sometimes intakes on these cars make the MAF sensor got nuts.. Try leaving the intake off but leaving the tune installed.. check back.
You were right. I just heard back from the service department and he told me MAF sensor and O2 sensor were faulty. Not sure if the MAF sensor was actually faulty though since the engine light went away after I put the stock intake back on. Does this mean I can't put on my BMS intake anymore?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
fung0001
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 2013 520i Hartge Tuning

I have an ER downpipe and hartge tuning

I have a check light once when i filled a tank of low quality gas from Sinopec😄
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
hp jnkey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i M-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihwan0212 View Post
Hey guys, I installed my BMS stage 1 and BMS performance intake about a few months ago. It hasn't been a problem for the first couple months, but lately it has been throwing check engine light on my car only after spirited driving. When I remove these two to take the car to a service department, it either immediately goes away or after a little. Any ideas what might be causing the issue? Thanks.
I've had a similar problem with mine too.
I also have the Stage 1 and BMS intake. I drive the car normally most of the time and no codes but when I get on it just once, for a fairly long pull, the next day I'll get a trouble code.
This has happened twice and both times after playing, the next day I got a code. Funny that it throws the code the next day.

There are 2 fault codes:

121533 - Charging pressure sensor, plausibility. Pressure before throttle
valve too low
120408 - Charging pressure control, deactivation. Pressure build-up blocked

I have a Baverian Tech so I clear the codes with my laptop.
Just have not idea why this is happening

Terry Burger told me to lower the boost setting. Would require a BMS data cable, then select Map 3, set boost safety to 2.0, and press save.

Might have to find someone to help with this.
Appreciate 0