2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum ERROR! Resetting Permanent SAE Fault Codes [S0751]

11-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
G4Designs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT Dinan

Question ERROR! Resetting Permanent SAE Fault Codes [S0751]

I'm trying to force reset permanent fault codes because I made the mistake of moving to a county with emissions testing. During the healing procedure, however, I'm getting an error any time I try to display the SAE Errors. Most likely because my dumb ass didn't heed the warnings and cleared the fault codes before remedying the problems.

The error reads "IFH-0041: ILLEGAL PARAMETERS" then "Error in testmodule: ABL_DIT_AS1236_SAE_PERM_ANZ". I just reinstalled ISTA+, but it is still giving me the same error. I am now running "Display of permanent fault code cycle status" manually, thinking I need to do this per the alternative healing method, but every time I try the healing it starts lagging like crazy after the first few minutes. Any recommendations? Or, hell, are there any alternative methods to force reset the SAE codes beyond driving for a few hundred miles?

Edit: With how ISTA lags during the test, it's almost like it needs a larger memory allotment. It keeps compounding over time like there's a coding bug.

Edit2: I was finally able to complete the SAE healing test, but still got the same error. Any other ways to clear this sucker?

Alternatively, can someone send me a download link to ISTA+ newer than 4.29.15?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 11:39 AM   #2
nuggetman
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5 35i

Where you able to get anywhere with this? I am now having the same issue with my X5. In the past ISTA has shown a faulted component along with S0751, now nothing. Trying to pull the SAE fault codes I get the exact same errors.
Appreciate 0