2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW F10 2013 530i headlights & AEs

01-03-2023, 12:54 PM   #1
BimmerBeso
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

BMW F10 2013 530i headlights & AEs

Hi there,

Happy new year all, I have bought my BMW F10 530i 2013 few months back and I have few questions if anyone can help please.

[*]Angel Eyes

I have halogen H7 lamps and the Angel eyes never come on when I leave the light knob on the 0 setting and they won't come on unless I have the lights on the first setting to the right or if I turn the main beam on. Is that normal or not.
Also, I have the auto on the knob if I move it left but the lights are always on and I sent the car to be checked at the dealership and said it needs further investigation why the auto light sensor is not working. I did some searching on the autosensor not being accurate but my understanding is it's the same rain sensor and the rain senor works fine on auto so please if you could tell me if this is normal or not
[*]Headlight bulbs conversion to LED or Xenon
I have been reading about the conversion kits and I did buy few LED bulbs from amazon but unfortunately they needed an adaptor which I have ordered and should get it this week so will let you know once I have them installed but I am worried about the Canbus errors as it seems to work for some but not all. what's your experience on those.

Finally if anyone has converted their Halogen to Xenon, please share the details as I do have the OEM projectors in the car so I think they should work fine.

Thanks again,
Mo
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 07:18 AM   #2
HotSpicyChicken90
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

AFAIK you need a new FRM module in order to make the LCI LED work
Appreciate 0