2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Question about DTC - I know I know

05-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

Question about DTC - I know I know

Ok guys I know many of you will say go do your research blah blah blah or has been asked too many times.

Well I haven't gotten a definitive answer to the two questions I have regarding DTC (only pressing the button once).

1. Will my car spin while making the turns if I press the button once?

2. I have the 535i xdrive what kind of effect will the car have with pressing the button once.

Please, please, please! Do not make this another DTC vs DSC thread, I just want to know the above two.

To me me it seems like it shouldnt spin since DSC still there. And specially since it is said to turn on in situations like snow or rain where chances of spin are a lot more. I would still like your input before I start busting crazy turns on narrow streets ---- I completely hate the jerk/brake feeling when making a turn, feels utterly lame and unnatural.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
gclions
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

I think you're onto the right answer, once will give you max traction on a loose surface, which will require some slipping of the wheels or you'd never move. It shouldn't however let the rear end kick out on you.

I would assume for the xdrive cars it just allows all four wheels to slip to allow you to maintain forward momentum on a loose surface.

All that said, you might test it in a parking lot first! Get yourself some room, cut the wheels and give it some gas. See if the computer cuts power as the rear starts to slide.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
DTC lets me kick the rear end out a little
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions View Post
I think you're onto the right answer, once will give you max traction on a loose surface, which will require some slipping of the wheels or you'd never move. It shouldn't however let the rear end kick out on you.

I would assume for the xdrive cars it just allows all four wheels to slip to allow you to maintain forward momentum on a loose surface.

All that said, you might test it in a parking lot first! Get yourself some room, cut the wheels and give it some gas. See if the computer cuts power as the rear starts to slide.
Thanks I have to find me a big empty parking lot and I know exatlctly where to go
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #5
ziekxq
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
DTC lets me kick the rear end out a little
Yeah I figured it would on a RWD, isnt that what you got?

I wonder how it effects xdrive (which essentially is a RWD until the xdrive motor feels the stuck/slip in the rear and kick start the front wheels).

Last edited by ziekxq; 05-05-2016 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0