2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding s677 to s676 coding and technic harness install

12-20-2022, 10:26 PM   #1
TheFSoundguy
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10

s677 to s676 coding and technic harness install

Hi everyone! Its my first post here.
I tryied to search on the forum and on google a total of a couple hours now but I知 at the point of creating an account for answer!

Here is the thing. I just sold my old jetta mk4 to buy a nice f10 with s677 system in it. We all know the lack of bass thr system have. So now I want to install my old system in this car. I have a 15in 3000w rms with his amp. Plus 2 more amp (6 more amplified channels) and a bit one dsp (8 output). So the thing is I might consider going back to 676 coding but cant find much information on how the technic harness work (radio side harness) or even how to code the radio (and where to get my analog signal from there). I really want to learn the process for coding especially with esys. So my question is, what will exactly happen when I値l code the headunit to 676 and where could I get my analog signal on the radio. For the moment I ordered a 80v LOC and i値l try to get a good signal from the underseat subwoofer. I知 a bit sceptical because i知 pretty sure low frequency are cut directly from the amp. If you guys know which frequency are cut tell me please.
Hope you guys will have answer for me
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can稚 just code the car. Hardwares are different between 676 and 677. 677 is actually better with more channels and have eq that you can adjust. To downgrade it to 676, you would have to install hifi amp and use an MOST bypass. If not, a lot of components in your vehicle will not work. One thing to note, your rear door speaker will no longer work when doing so. Also, the speakers for 676 are 2ohm. 677 are 4ohm
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
TheFSoundguy
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10

Yes I know that only coding wont work. But technic sell a kit for this. It comes with the MOST loop. I知 not planing putting another oem amp, but just get a fullrange signal from the head unit to use my dsp in the trunk. Amplifiing and tuning each channel separately is not an issue for me since I have amplifiers. The kit is meant for this use. Here it is. I also have consider putting a MOST25 to toslink converter (mobridge DA1) but its a bit expensive for me right now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0