2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Secondary market for leases

05-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Secondary market for leases

This is more informational, but I was curious to get some info/opinions and experiences people have had getting rid of their leases. Is there a decent market for them? Obviously this would all depend on the specific car and options and how good of a deal I negotiated when I got the car. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how easy it would be for me to get rid of my lease if I decided I want out.

Any stories/experiences/opinions would be appreciated...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Interested in this also.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
weissja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Swap a lease or lease trader
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissja View Post
Swap a lease or lease trader
I know how to list it, just looking for specific experiences with the process, paperwork and peoples' overall assessment of secondary lease demand...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
rabjab12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 comp

Garage List
2021 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Secondary Lease Market

I don't buy new anymore I do lease assumptions. Sometimes people pay me to take their car off of their hands. I have also gotten rid of cars on lease. the paperwork is a piece of cake. All done through the orignal lease company.
I got tired of giving the dealers all the profit. now no one makes any money off of me other than myself sometimes. The car is definitely the factor. BMW's and Mercedes always move the fastest. The shorter the term the easier it is to get rid of. If you want to get out of a lease offer an incentive. money always motivates buyers, etc.

Just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

I have never assumed a lease, but I see people posting their cars up for lease assumption here all the time and it seems like some have trouble moving them. A few have gone relatively quickly, but those had great lease rates where the seller put a significant amount of money down and wasn't looking to recoup it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

See that's my issue. I didn't put any money down, but I put down the multiple security deposits and got a low monthly payment as a result. I feel like with a down payment you don't get it back from a dealer and sometimes you end up losing it to get rid of the car. With the multiple security deposits, I will get that back at the end of a lease, so would the person who assumes my lease pay me the MSDs? Or upon official lease assumption would the leasing company give me back my MSDs and charge the person assuming the MSDs?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
rabjab12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 comp

Garage List
2021 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Lease Assumptions

Any moneys put down at the inception should be recovered prior to turning over the vehicle. New leasee pays you want ever you want, but gets back what you put down.

What ever deal is done between you and the new leasee is totally up to you. All the leasing company cares about is the original lease details
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #9
macastel
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I just assumed a lease. 2015 550i with m package. the process was very smooth and it took less than 2 weeks. BMW financial are very helpful on every step of the way.
I happen to find a really good guy that needed to get out of a lease and I really like the car, price and incentives that he was offering.
In summary as long as you are able to get along with the other party the process is great.

let me know if you have any other questions. I just got the car 2 weeks ago )
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 07:21 AM   #10
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabjab12
I don't buy new anymore I do lease assumptions. Sometimes people pay me to take their car off of their hands. I have also gotten rid of cars on lease. the paperwork is a piece of cake. All done through the orignal lease company.
I got tired of giving the dealers all the profit. now no one makes any money off of me other than myself sometimes. The car is definitely the factor. BMW's and Mercedes always move the fastest. The shorter the term the easier it is to get rid of. If you want to get out of a lease offer an incentive. money always motivates buyers, etc.

Just my 2 cents
If you don't mind not having brand spanking new, your plan is brilliant.

I can imagine you must get some awesome deals. People that want out of their lease are generally highly motivated.

I also imagine, you can get some practically new deals.

Very smart move on your part.
Appreciate 0