2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum antenna connection

06-20-2015, 06:48 AM   #1
eyedoc
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530d '14 F07

antenna connection

I am using Netgear 785 router/modem inside my car on longer trips mostly for internet connection for kids playing online stuff. Works well if the coverage is good but drops the connection if the coverage is poor. Well, nothing strange as I keep the dongle inside the car. There is a possibility to connect external antenna to the modem and I was thinking about using the antenna connection to the roof antenna in the centre console. My phone pairs via the BT so I’m not using any snap-in. When I remove this dummy snap-in cover there is a bunch of contacts and that round in the middle looks like an antenna connector.
So why not to use the roof antenna which is already there? I would like to try this solution but need to know what kind of connector it is? I’ve tried some search on the web so it might be MCX standard? Am I right? Anyone have tried to use that? Maybe some of you deals with such electronics and could look at that in your car and be able to tell if this is MCX or some other type? TS-9?
Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0