2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Finally Placed Order 550i

02-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
nicolak
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 F350 17 i3 REx

Finally Placed Order 550i

Hello all,

After four months of vehicle research I have finally decided to order the 550i. Really struggled between the XJL supercharged and this but it came down to the Jaguar had no tech stuff which I really like. Might regret not having that powerful engine that made a beautiful noise but there is always the next time.

I ordered the dark graphite with oyster/black interior. Thanks to all the members here for posting your pictures, it made the research and decisions much easier. My local BMW dealer sells mostly Kia's and Subaru's so I had to choose the color options unseen. I ordered it with every option because I have some weird sickness that if I don't I will not be content with the vehicle. I did not order the msport or ski bag however, kudos to me for being brave. I prefer the look of the non msport. Anyone else here have that problem with options? Sometimes I hate BMW for making so many useless options available for that reason. I will be sure to contribute to the photo collections when the vehicle arrives.

To the point of this post, I recall either in this board or the other one someone had mentioned that the dark graphite is similar to the Mercedes steel gray. My GLK is the steel gray and I am fond of that color. Can anyone here confirm the similarities? From the pictures I have seen I would guess the dark graphite is a bit darker but can never tell with some cameras.

Thanks all, this is a great board and all the members here are wonderful. Could not tell you how much time I spend reading all the post, not just this board but all of them, even the ones with vehicles I have no interest in. Great place to be and spend time after a long work day.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
AlBoston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 740i xdrive & 2018 640GT

steel gray is lighter and has more blue than dark graphite which almost can look black in some low light. Both colors are very nice, i prefer the lighter steel gray.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 535i F10 2011

I also prefer the Standard Edition over the M-sport, it gets too plasticy in the front. Makes me think of a Subaru, or japanese drifting races.

But I'm alittle scared that i will change my mind in a couple of years.
Appreciate 0