2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Need your help (urgent)

05-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Need your help (urgent)

Guys,

Yesterday I went to my dealer where I had already placed the order for my F11 535d, to be delivered in September. The original contract had to be re-signed because they didn't redact it with my full name, therefore I had scheduled with them to drop by to re-sign.
Meanwhile, since all the MY2013 changes had been released and because the contract had to be re-signed, I was asking my dealer to update the spec so as to make sure the new changes (e.g., MFID and the newer navigation system) would be guaranteed into the new spec.
So yesterday I signed the new contract and back home I checked the new configuration and found out that there are a few differences... Today I already asked them to look into these but they need some time to verify if some of the missing options/additions are due to the MY2013 changes or not. As this is still very new, they will call me back in a few days.

Anyways, here are the things that made me toss around in the bed last night:

1) the spec now includes "0601 TV-Funktion". I never had this in any of my specs and was dumbfounded to see it ticked in. Can anyone tell me if it is now a required add-on when you select any of the packages (Innovation or Professional Navigation)? Or will it still be an add-on that is not part of any package?

2) option "0761 BMW Individual Tinted Windows" is missing. I asked the dealer to include it. He said he is not sure this can be included since the order is in. But the car will only be produced in September for a September delivery... Is it possible to make changes this early?

3) I still have "2VA Adaptive Drive" but now the new spec is no longer showing "0229 Dynamic Drive" or "0223 Dynamic Damper Control". Even though these are part of Adaptive Drive, in previous configurations these were shown. Now they are missing. Should I be worried? I guess not, since Adaptive Drive includes those two components...

4) item "06FL USB Audio Interface" is missing. Is it now part of "06NL BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth"?

That is basically it... The TV Function in particular is something I really don't want and I could use the 1,150 euros elsewhere...

Glad if you could give me a hand!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Id say generally, if you are unsure, don't sign,. Get it in writing EXACTLY what you are getting. A car is an expensive purchase and you want to be sure it exactly what YOU want.

Re 1) i thought TV was a separate option. May matter have changed but either way get it in writing from the dealer what is and what isn't included.

)2 There will obviosuly be a cut for making changes but you shoudl be able to make those now. your car hasn't even ben started yet if its due in september.
I was able to make a change a few days after placing my order change of trim , no price change). There will obvisouoyl be a deadline, not sure eactly when that is but you're still 2 months out.
I think your dealer is either naive in the process or messing you about.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
Bimmernerd
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530dM xDrive F11 2012

I understand your frustration. Just as AP said, you should have everything in writing exactly according to what you ordered.

I have checked the most recent Swedish price list for answers.

1) 601 TV is an option, should not be included as it is not mandatory for Navi Pro.
2) I changed my order three weeks before production began, both options and color...so IMO the dealer should not have a problem in helping you.
3) 2VA includes 229 and 223, but tell them to specify it in the order. All options I ordered that included other items free of charge were specified, this gives you a clear picture on what is included.
4) Not sure about 6NL. According to the price list you need 644 Bluetooth, 6FL USB Audio interface and 6NF Interface for smartphones - that is, you need to get all three. Check this with the dealer as it may have changed for 2013 models.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Id say generally, if you are unsure, don't sign,. Get it in writing EXACTLY what you are getting. A car is an expensive purchase and you want to be sure it exactly what YOU want.
You are obviously right, there's no arguing against it.
I was a bit naïve for believing the dealer and not having checked the spec item by item before signing. The thing is that the changes were so minimal (basicaly, make sure it is the MY2013) that I took for granted that the remaining spec would be exactly the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

So, after an e-mail and a phone conversation, everything is clear and the contract will be changed, therefore:

1) the TV function was selected in by mistake and will be removed. It is not a part of any other option so it was clearly a "mistake".

2) the tinted windows are back into the spec.

3) I asked the dealer to make sure 2VA is included (with mentioning of 229 and 223).

4) I also asked the dealer to clarify why "06FL USB Audio Interface" is missing. Maybe it is now part of "06NL BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth".

I must thank AP and Bimmernerd for being so forthcoming and helpful in this case. Your timely answer already helped me a lot in my reply to the new spec I just received (which is now missing Adaptive Drive but having only the Dynamic Damper Control). Let's see how this evolves. One way or the other, by tomorrow I will have news.

Feeling better now!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
Bimmernerd
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Good to hear, you are very welcome!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

no problem
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

So everything was sorted out yesterday.
The order is now officially and finally in. I should have a MY2013 baby F11 come September!

One thing I dropped at the last minute was "BMW Apps". BMW now forces you to have "TV Function" if you add the Apps, so what used to be a 150 euro option is now a 1,400 euro bundle of TV plus Apps. This doesn't make any sense but I did see it in the official BMW software for configuring orders. If you add Apps, TV is immediately in, if you take only TV out, Apps are also out. So stupid, BMW!

I dropped it because I never wanted to have TV in the car (think it's rather pointless) and I wasn't willing to dash out 1.4 grand for Apps (ultimately the price for having it in MY2013). With that amount of money I can buy the new iPhone and the new iPad, for example. LOL

What will I be missing by not having Apps? Does this have any impact on the Connected Drive features, such as pinpointing your car in the car lot, flashing the headlights or honking to locate it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
c-hri-s
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
Does this have any impact on the Connected Drive features, such as pinpointing your car in the car lot, flashing the headlights or honking to locate it?
No, you can still do that.

You miss not being able to link Twitter and Facebook and read the posts in the car, also stream music from Pandora/equivalent.

Basically you miss nothing of any value, I wouldn't have paid €1400 for it - and I'd have even thought twice about paying €200.
2012 F10 535d M Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Piano Black Trim, 19" 351M, Sport Automatic Transmission, Reversing Assist Camera, Powered Boot Lid, Soft Close Doors, Folding/dimming mirrors, Elec. fr seats, Surround View, Heads-up display, BMW Business Speakers, M rear spoiler, Sun protection glass, Visibility pack, Media Package Pro
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-hri-s View Post
No, you can still do that.

You miss not being able to link Twitter and Facebook and read the posts in the car, also stream music from Pandora/equivalent.

Basically you miss nothing of any value, I wouldn't have paid €1400 for it - and I'd have even thought twice about paying €200.
Cool! Thanks! I am VERY happy with my decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Bimmernerd
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur
So everything was sorted out yesterday.
The order is now officially and finally in. I should have a MY2013 baby F11 come September!

One thing I dropped at the last minute was "BMW Apps". BMW now forces you to have "TV Function" if you add the Apps, so what used to be a 150 euro option is now a 1,400 euro bundle of TV plus Apps. This doesn't make any sense but I did see it in the official BMW software for configuring orders. If you add Apps, TV is immediately in, if you take only TV out, Apps are also out. So stupid, BMW!

I dropped it because I never wanted to have TV in the car (think it's rather pointless) and I wasn't willing to dash out 1.4 grand for Apps (ultimately the price for having it in MY2013). With that amount of money I can buy the new iPhone and the new iPad, for example. LOL

What will I be missing by not having Apps? Does this have any impact on the Connected Drive features, such as pinpointing your car in the car lot, flashing the headlights or honking to locate it?

Thanks!
I have Apps and could definitely have been without it - haven't even used it In other words - you won't miss it!

Congrats on the finalized order! With the spec/color combo you have chosen I am convinced you will be very satisfied with the car!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmernerd View Post
I have Apps and could definitely have been without it - haven't even used it In other words - you won't miss it!

Congrats on the finalized order! With the spec/color combo you have chosen I am convinced you will be very satisfied with the car!
THANKS!!
I am really happy with the final spec and looking forward to September 15!
Appreciate 0