2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum A little confused....plz help

07-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

A little confused....plz help

So what are the differences between the new 5 series and the 5 series GT? They look different or wut? What about the engine? What/s the estimate pricing for both cars?

I actually like the 5 series GT. I had an audi a4 09 totaled from an accident. I am looking for a new car, please help.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
135Eye
Accountants have fun 2!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Silber

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mber View Post
So what are the differences between the new 5 series and the 5 series GT? They look different or wut? What about the engine? What/s the estimate pricing for both cars?

I actually like the 5 series GT. I had an audi a4 09 totaled from an accident. I am looking for a new car, please help.
The 5 series GT is just a whole new car that doesn't really have a class yet. Its just generically called 'cross over', what that means its a mix of two traditional classes of car. In this case its a mix of a 5 series sedan and an X5 SUV.

The cars are supposed to have a similar theme to their styling but will look different. The trunk will be the most obvious difference, the 5 series sedan will have a.... sedan body The 5 series GT is supposed to be a big car too, its almost as big as a 7 series and the regular 5 isn't going to be much different then the current 5 series, so think of a scaled down 5 series GT with a regular trunk and you have an idea of what the 5 series sedan will be.

If you like the GT I say go for it, it will be alot more unique then the 5 series sedan because it will be rare, but the emphasis on that car is as a family car/grocery getter. The 5 series sedan will be more sport
Appreciate 0