2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Second Wave of BMW M Performance Parts Released for F30 3 Series and F10 5 Series

12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Arrow Second Wave of BMW M Performance Parts Released for F30 3 Series and F10 5 Series

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Second Wave of BMW M Performance Parts Released for F30 3 Series and F10 5 Series
COMMENTS
Name:  BMW-M-Performance-Parts-3-Series-F30-12.jpg
Views: 9521
Size:  54.0 KB

Aero, Interior, and Chassis items added to lineup

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 14, 2012…
BMW today announced the release of a second major wave of BMW M Performance Parts designed and tested for the new BWW 3 Series and current 5 Series Sedan models. On sale now through all Authorized BMW Centers, BMW M Performance Parts are accessories which have been carefully developed in collaboration with BMW M GmbH to ensure an authentic transfer of racing-derived M technology into everyday driving. In addition to the first wave of new 3 Series and 5 Series M Performance Parts which became available in Spring 2012, the latest offering includes exclusive chassis, aerodynamic, and cockpit components to further intensify The Ultimate Driving Machine®.

Aero: Form follows function.

The BMW 3 Series and 5 Series Sedans both benefit from this release of parts with new Aerodynamic and Exterior component choices. For the 3 Series, the BMW M Performance Front Splitter, Rocker Panel Blades, Rear Spoiler (in choice of black or carbon fiber finish), Rear Diffuser, Side Stripes, and Rocker Panel Decals become available. Additionally, an M Sport Line Retrofit kit is now available for vehicles not originally equipped with M Sport Line.

For the 5 Series Sedan, a new BMW M Performance Rear Diffuser is offered for 528i, 535i, and 550i models, and will be joined by a new Carbon Fiber Front Splitter which becomes available early in 2013. An M Sport Package Retrofit kit will also become available for
5 Series Sedan models in 2013.

Interior: Show that matches your Go.

For the BMW 3 Series, BMW M Performance now offers a Stainless Steel Driver’s Footrest and a set of Stainless Steel Pedal Covers for manual and automatic transmission cars. Additionally, a set of BMW M Performance Floor Mats is now available, as are the BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Parking Brake Handle with Alcantara boot.

Name:  IMG_0653.jpg
Views: 7589
Size:  101.2 KB

The crowning touch, certainly, for the 3 Series interior is to install the BMW M Performance Electronic Steering Wheel [photos/video] which is now available for cars equipped with the Automatic, Sport Automatic, or 6-speed manual transmission. The latest-generation Electronic Steering Wheel, featuring a flat-bottom rim and covered in Alcantara, is a unique offering in the industry and allows drivers to take advantage of three separate information modes:
  • EfficientDynamics Mode shows the driver real-time fuel efficiency data, average speed and efficiency data, water and oil temperatures, recommended shift points, and an EfficientDynamics Index (“EDI”) calculation.
  • Sport Mode features a built-in stopwatch function, G-force meter for longitudinal and lateral forces, water and oil temperatures, and multicolored LED shift lights.
  • Race Mode features a stopwatch function with storage of values for up to 50 lap times (including lap, max speed, max G-forces), measurement of up to nine sector times within each lap, drag-strip simulator (LED launch countdown, reaction time, 60-foot time, 330-foot time, 1,000-foot time, 1/8th-mile time, ¼-mile time, and trap speeds).

On the 5 Series, the non-electronic M Performance Steering Wheel becomes available, featuring a flat-bottom rim and covered in Alcantara. A red quick-index stripe is located at the 12 O’clock location, and the wheel is finished with a carbon fiber insert with chrome BMW M Performance inlay.

Additionally for the 5 Series, a BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim system is now available for models with both Automatic (nine pieces) and 6-speed manual (seven pieces) transmissions. It replaces the vehicle’s existing door handle pulls, center console, ashtray lid, cup holder lid, and dashboard insert with beautiful, handcrafted carbon fiber components. Each trim piece is clear-coated and polished to create visual depth and protect against UV rays. Also for the 5 Series, the BMW M Performance Parts Stainless Steel Pedal Covers are now available for vehicles with Automatic and 6-speed manual transmissions.

Name:  f10.jpg
Views: 9011
Size:  159.6 KB

Chassis and Exhaust: Focused performance for the 3 Series.

A new BMW M Performance Suspension Kit is now available for the new 3 Series Sedan bringing an extra measure of responsiveness and handling to the quintessential sport sedan – a car that has been named to Car and Driver’s “10Best Cars” list for 22 consecutive years. New coil springs, finished in M Performance Red paint lower the ride height by 10mm, compared to the factory M Sport suspension, and by 20mm compared to the standard suspension.

Name:  IMG_0634.jpg
Views: 4087
Size:  77.7 KB

This focused look can be further enhanced with the addition of 20-inch M Performance Double-Spoke wheels. These weight-optimized, forged alloy M wheels feature an exclusive bi-color design sporting a high-gloss turned finish on the face and Orbit Gray paint between the spokes. The wheels come with Pirelli P zero run-flat tires mounted and balanced. The tires are sized 225/35 R20 90Y up front and 255/30 R20 92Y in the rear.

The final dynamic touch is the availability of the M Performance Brake System. The high-performance Brembo system features compound, cross-drilled, dimpled discs mated top 4-piston aluminum calipers up front and 2-piston calipers in the rear. The calipers are available in a choice of M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange finish and sport the M logo. The discs are cross-drilled, grooved and internally vented to optimize thermal resistance and feature aluminum hats to reduce unsprung weight. The front discs measure 370mm x 30mm (14.6 in. x 1.2 in.), the rears 345mm x 24mm (13.6 in. x 0.9 in.).

The available M Performance Exhaust helps both the new 328i and 335i to sound, look and breath better. Developed using state-of-the-art CAD and FEM technology, the stainless steel exhaust improves both the note and the performance. The unique chrome exhaust tips are laser-engraved with the M logo. The system reduces back pressure lends an even sportier tone to either the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder of the 328i or the TwinPower Turbo Inline-6 in the 335i.

M Performance Wheel and Exhaust upgrades are available for the 5 Series Sedan

The M Performance Exhaust is available for the 535i. Developed using state-of-the-art CAD and FEM technology, the stainless steel exhaust improves both the sound and the performance of the 535i. The unique chrome exhaust tips are laser-engraved with the M logo. The system reduces back pressure and lends an even sportier tone to the TwinPower Turbo Inline-6.

Unique M Performance V-spoke wheels are available for the 5 Series. The exclusive bi-color design features a high-gloss finish on the face and Orbit Gray paint between the spokes. As an option, the wheels can also be finished in Liquid Black paint. They come with Bridgestone Potenza RE050 A run-flat tires mounted and balanced. The performance tires are sized 245/35 R20 95Y up front and 275/30 R 20 in the rear.

Customers now have the ability to tailor their new 3 Series or 5 Series to suit their performance tastes thanks to the latest enhancements from BMW M Performance Parts. These accessories are available now exclusively through your authorized BMW Center just in time for the holidays.

Full BMW M Performance Catalog

Click image for Catalog

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

So i have to wait another wave before they release the N20 powerkit tune for the 328i?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
cordoor
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi

I would like an exhaust system for the 550 so a stethoscope isn't needed to hear it.

-Corey
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

I'm looking forward to see pics of the M Performance rear diffuser for the 528i, I guess that will fit all models with twin exhaust tips on the left side, 520 - 528.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

I like the front lip and the side skirt decal. They want $2800 for the carbon interior trim which is a bit much I think but definitely looks cool. Very similar to my real carbon trim.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Terpinator
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 550i xDrive M Sport

The CF trim is already on sale for $2200:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...subcat1=183176

Still pretty expensive for some carbon bits.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Artur-F10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6

can you please post some pics how will the 550 m performance diffusor look
i am trying to find out if ti will fit quad tips. right now i have them with 550 stock diffusor.