2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Race Chip Ultimate questions.

03-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
woody-71
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 550 xDrive Msport

Race Chip Ultimate questions.

I bought the race chip ultimate for my 2013 550xi and absolutely love it. However, it is time to take the car to the dealership for routine service, so I need to remove it. Here are my questions.

1. Can I just unplug it or do I need to use the bypass plug first?
2. The setting is currently set on "C". Do I need to lower to "B" for awhile before removal?
3. When I reinstall the chip, can I install it on the "C" setting or do I need to start at "B" and work my way up again?

Last question, what is the highest setting that you have used?

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
kohsin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-71 View Post
I bought the race chip ultimate for my 2013 550xi and absolutely love it. However, it is time to take the car to the dealership for routine service, so I need to remove it. Here are my questions.

2. The setting is currently set on "C". Do I need to lower to "B" for awhile before removal?
3. When I reinstall the chip, can I install it on the "C" setting or do I need to start at "B" and work my way up again?

Thank you.
I have the RC Ultimate for more than a year and love it too..
1. Can I just unplug it or do I need to use the bypass plug first? I just unplug it, just maker sure you wait at least 10 to 15 minutes after engine off.
2. The setting is currently set on "C". Do I need to lower to "B" for awhile before removal? NO, you don't but I was in C and it gave me DTM so backed to B and everything is fine
3. When I reinstall the chip, can I install it on the "C" setting or do I need to start at "B" and work my way up again? Any setting as long as it doesn't cause DTM light.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-71 View Post

Thank you.
I have the RC Ultimate for more than a year and love it too..
1. Can I just unplug it or do I need to use the bypass plug first? I just unplug it, just maker sure you wait at least 10 to 15 minutes after engine off.
2. The setting is currently set on "C". Do I need to lower to "B" for awhile before removal? NO, you don't but I was in C and it gave me DTM so backed to B and everything is fine
3. When I reinstall the chip, can I install it on the "C" setting or do I need to start at "B" and work my way up again? Any setting as long as it doesn't cause DTM light.
+1
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0