2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK How to replace indicator glass strip

04-25-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

How to replace indicator glass strip

Have a 65 plate F10 M Sport and found a chip on the outer right wing strip (part number 8 on this image http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...38/63137308536).

1. Any online UK site recommended to purchase this part?
2. If i replace it myself are there any instructions on how to take the wing mirror apart?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
F11wi11
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 520d

Did you manage to replace this and if so were there any issues? I have ordered a replacement light strip but wondered if there were any problems wiring it in. It looks like the wires are connected back inside the vehicle. Is it necessary to remove the wing mirror assembly?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

I replaced mine last year. I bought a genuine replacement from my local dealership - it wasn't too expensive. I had trouble with mine as it was damaged by a passing car which broke some internal parts of the wing mirror. The plastic cowling above the light strip just clips off - you have to be brave and force it off. I had some plastic trim removal tool to start it off. A few screws internally and that's it. The wiring runs into the car where the triangular plastic cover is if you don't have speakers. Just force that off and gently remove and packing that in there and then pull the cable up to show the plug. Securely hold the end and disconnect. Be careful not to drop the cable back into the door card or you will have to take that off. Fit the new one and feed the cable through - reconnect and put everything back together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JLR19691881.00