2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Buying Warranty

08-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #23
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
Your dealership ever decline accepting your Route 66 ?

You ever have Route 66 give you problems in regards to covering costs of a part ?
United BMW of Gwinnett (a Penske dealership) isnt accepted by Route 66. However, United BMW of Roswell (another Penske dealership) IS accepted by Route 66. which tells me that United of Gwinnett is charging to damn much in labor.

From what I can tell, United of Gwinnett is the only dealership in the atlanta area where you cant use it. and thats because Route 66 wont deal with THEM
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #24
Boulder Bill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Remember, NONE of the BMW warranties besides the initial new car warranty covers electronics. I understand the engine mechanicals are top priority, but what happens when the iDrive dies? (happened to me in my first 5 series, CPO doesn't cover electronics). That's why when I bought my F10 I got the Route 66 warranty that covers the engine/drivetrain, but it also covers electronics to 120k miles. It cost me $3k but well worth it in my opinion, on my first 5 series that had CCC iDrive the dealer quoted me $2800 to replace, I don;t want to know how much the NBT I ccurrently have would cost.
I'm looking at the actual terms of the Easy Street Route 66 extended warranty right now. It covers everything in the original factory warranty except the usual tires, hoses, filters, fluids, etc. BUT, it also does not cover "sound reproduction components, lighting, wiring harness (what is that?), telephone, clock, television and navigation equipment. Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag systems and keyless entry/anti-theft." It also does not cover "clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing and tune-up items."

It would appear electronics do not have coverage of any kind after the factory warranty expires.

Bill
2013 F10 550i | 6 Speed Manual | M Sport Package | Carbon Black | Oyster & Black Nappa | Dynamic Handling w/Dynamic Damper Control | Executive Package (Comfort Access - Soft Close - HUD) | B&O Sound | Luxury Seating & Heated Seats
(retired: 2002 E39 540i | 6 Speed Manual)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #25
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

I will be checking into Route 66
I have to call my dealer ask if they will work with Route 66
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #26
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
United BMW of Gwinnett (a Penske dealership) isnt accepted by Route 66. However, United BMW of Roswell (another Penske dealership) IS accepted by Route 66. which tells me that United of Gwinnett is charging to damn much in labor.

From what I can tell, United of Gwinnett is the only dealership in the atlanta area where you cant use it. and thats because Route 66 wont deal with THEM
MavRick,

That's a bummer... my office is in Duluth and this would make it more convenient. I just used Nalley in Decatur, Rian is awesome! Do you know if they take route 66?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #27
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

I'm looking into the following 3 (waiting on quotes for 2.)

Forevercar
Carchex
Endurance

Forevercar seems to have fairly reasonable prices for their supreme coverage(4100 for 48K miles and 4 years), which covers almost all engine and electronics.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #28
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Should this Diamond Premier warranty give me a peace of mind? Further below is what's NOT covered...

IV. COVERAGE DETAILS.

A. DIAMOND PREMIER covers the following listed components under section IV part A.

1. Gasoline/Diesel Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head(s) if damage by internally lubricated parts. The following internally lubricated parts including: pistons, piston rings and pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and bearings, pushrods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, rocker arm pivots, cylinder head intake & exhaust valves, valve keepers, valve retainers, hydraulic and solid valve lifters, cam followers, oil pump, timing chain, and crankshaft gear. Harmonic balancer, metal valve covers, metal timing cover, and oil pan (if damaged caused by failure of internally lubricated covered parts); seals and gaskets during rebuilding, cylinder head gaskets, engine vacuum pump, and engine mounts.

2. Transmission: Transmission (Rear Wheel Drive) or Transaxle (Front Wheel Drive): Transmission case, and transmission pan ( if damaged by failure of covered internally lubricated parts). The following internally lubricated parts included within a rebuilders banner kit components: (automatic transmission clutch plates, clutch steels, accumulator locking rings, servo locking rings, snap rings, input shaft bushing, extension housing bushing), torque converter, vacuum modulator, seals and gaskets during rebuilding, front pump shaft seal, rear transmission seal, and transmission mounts.

3. Electrical: Alternator, voltage regulator, starter motor, starter solenoid, ignition distributor, A/C heater blower motor.

4. Cooling: Radiator, engine radiator cooling fan motor, AC condenser cooling fan motor, cooling fan clutch, main engine water pump, and water pump gasket.

5. Drive Axle: Front CV axle shafts, front axle shaft universal joints, front propeller/drive shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft universal joints, rear propeller/drive shaft support and bearing.

6. Brakes: Master cylinder, power brake booster, hydraulic front disc brake calipers, hydraulic rear disc brake calipers, and wheel cylinders.

7. Super/Turbo Charger: All internal parts; Housing is covered if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated moving part, seals and gaskets during replacement.

8. 4x4/AWD: These components in the Transfer Case including: Drive chain, drive chain gears, planetary gears, ring shift forks, bearing, oil pump output shaft, main shaft washers and other internal lubricated parts, 4 Wheel Drive actuator, seals and gaskets during rebuilding, transfer case input shaft seal, transfer case output shaft seal.

9. Steering System: Steering box, steering box pitman seals, rack and pinion unit and all their internal lubricated parts, steering rack shaft seals, power steering pump, pump shaft seal, pitman arm, idler arm, inner tie rod ends, and outer tie rod ends.

10. Fuel System: Fuel pump, fuel injector(s), and gasoline pressure regulator.

11. Differential Assembly: (Front and Rear) Differential Housing (if damaged caused by failure of internally lubricated covered parts), axle shaft, ring and pinion gears, ring and pinion bearings, spider and carrier gears, spider and carrier bearings, axle bearings, pinion seal, and axle shaft seal.

12. Heater and Air Conditioning: Evaporator core, condenser, compressor, compressor clutch, field coil, accumulator, A/C high/low pressure compressor cutoff switches and heater core.

13. Front Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm bushings, lower torsion/tension arms, stabilizer end links, ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.

14. Rear Suspension: Upper and lower control arms, control arm bushings, stabilizer end links, ball joints, hub and wheel bearings.

15. ABS-Brakes: Wheel speed sensors, hydraulic pump/motor assembly, pressure modulator valve/isolation dump valve, accumulator, ABS master cylinder, Hydro Boost and Electronic Control Processor.

16. Hi-Tech: ABS master cylinder, ABS processor, hydraulic pump motor, pressure modulator valve, sensors; temperature control programmer, fuel management controls; mass airflow sensor, map sensor, air charge temperature sensor, coolant temperature sensor, fuel pressure sensor, fuel injector(s), fuel injection pump, ignition management controls; camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, ignition coils, wiper motor(s), power window motors, power door lock actuators, driver and passenger front forward/backward seat motor, driver and passenger front tilt seat base motor, driver and passenger front tilt seat back motor, automatic temperature control panel, key-less entry module excluding remote, factory installed GPS Navigation module, speed control module, electronic level control compressor, sunroof/convertible top motor.

NOT Covered

V. EXCLUSIONS; PARTS AND SERVICES NOT COVERED. THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCLUDED BY OR NOT

COVERED UNDER THIS EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAM:

A. ANY REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REIMBURSEMENT COVERED BY ANY FACTORY OR DEALER WARRANTY, REPAIR FACILITY GUARANTEE, OTHER SERVICE EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAM, OR ANY INSURANCE COVERAGE.

B. ANY REPAIR IF A NON-AUTHORIZED PERFORMANCE PART OR EQUIPMENT CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO THE BREAKDOWN.

C. ANY REPAIR OF A SYSTEM, ANY EQUIPMENT OF PART IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT THERE IS A REASONABLE MECHANICAL PROBABILITY THAT THE CONDITION CAUSING THE FAILURE EXISTED PRIOR TO OR AT THE TIME OF START DATE OF YOUR EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAM, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN AT THE TIME OF ACTIVATION OF YOUR EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAM.

D. PARTS NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE MANUFACTURER. SUCH PARTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO NON-FACTORY OR AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE PARTS OR EQUIPMENT, AND ANY NON-FACTORY TYPE OF SECURITY, STEREO, AUDIO, TELEVISION, SATELLITE, TELEPHONE OR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, EQUIPMENT OR PART.

E. ANY REPAIR OF AIRBAG(S), AIR BAG MODULE(S), AND AIR BAG SENSOR(S). YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR DEALER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A DEFECT IN THESE PARTS.

F. ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WEAR ITEMS / PARTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THROTTLE BODY, BATTERY, BATTERY CABLES, SPRINGS, SHOCK ABSORBERS, STRUTS, MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, CLUTCH FRICTION, CLUTCH DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE, THROW OUT BEARING, PILOT BEARING, CLUTCH MASTER AND SLAVE CYLINDER, MANUAL AND HYDRAULIC LINKAGES; SPARK PLUGS AND SPARK PLUG WIRES; FILTERS AND HOUSING; GLOW PLUGS; THERMOSTAT; HOSES, PIPES, LINES; NUTS, BOLTS, HARDWARE; BELTS, PULLEYS, TIMING TENSIONERS AND GUIDES; VALVE SEALS AND GUIDES, TUNE-UP PARTS; SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS (INCLUDING SEAT BELTS AND AIRBAGS); ANY AND ALL FLUIDS, LUBRICANTS AND RESERVOIRS; REMOTES, FUSES, RELAYS, FUSE PANEL, CIRCUIT BREAKERS; BRAKE PADS, BRAKE SHOES, BRAKE ROTORS AND DRUMS; EMISSION SYSTEMS; GLASS; LENSES HEAD, LAMP AND PROJECTION LAMP ASSEMBLIES, SEALED BEAMS, LIGHT BULBS; WEATHER STRIPPING, TRIM, MOLDINGS, RTV SEALANT, BRIGHT METAL, CHROME, UPHOLSTERY, CARPET , WINDOW OR SUNROOF SHADES, ZIPPERS, CUP HOLDERS, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, CLUSTER AND INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING, DASH PAD AND VENTS, SEAT FRAME, PAINT, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE ORNAMENTATION; TELEPHONES, HEADPHONES, TELEVISION / VCR, ELECTRONIC AND SATELLITE TRANSMITTING DEVICES; RADIO, AMPS, ANTENNA, SPEAKERS AND WIRING, SD CARD OR NAVIGATIONAL SOFTWARE, CD PLAYER; SATELLITE RADIO, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLES, MIRRORS, HINGES, LATCHES, ROLLERS, LIFT GATE AND HOOD SUPPORTS; HUBCAPS/WHEEL COVERS, BUMPERS, BODY SHEET METAL AND PANELS, BODY PARTS, FRAME, STRUCTURAL BODY PARTS, HARD OR VINYL OR FABRIC CONVERTIBLE TOPS AND LINKAGES; TPMS SENSORS, TIRES, WHEELS OR RIMS.

G. REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENT OF A COMPONENT NEEDED IN WHOLE OR IN PART DUE TO: (I) FAILURE TO STOP DRIVING OR PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE FROM FURTHER DAMAGE AFTER EVIDENCE OF A BREAKDOWN APPEARS (E.G., WARNING LIGHT, SMOKE); (II) THE USE OF FUELS, OILS, FLUIDS OR LUBRICANTS OTHER THAN THOSE REQUIRED BY YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL OR AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED BY THE MANUFACTURER; (III) FAILURE TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE SERVICES, OTHER NEGLIGENCE, MISUSE OR ABUSE (E.G., OVERLOADING, RACING, COMPETITIVE DRIVING ACTIVITIES OR SNOW PLOWING), OR FROM MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, TAMPERING, DISCONNECTION, IMPROPER TOWING, IMPROPER ADJUSTMENTS OR SERVICING, OR USING THE VEHICLE IN ANY MANNER NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER; (IV) ACCIDENTAL LOSS, OR EXTERNAL CAUSES SUCH AS WAR, RIOT, VANDALISM, OR OTHER CAUSE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE PARTIES; ANY AND ALL REPAIRS OR BREAKDOWNS CAUSED BY OR RESULTED FROM STRUCTURAL IMPACT, A VEHICULAR ACCIDENT, ROLLOVER OR UPSET, VEHICULAR THEFT AND OR COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE LOSS; (V) RUST, SALT, CORROSION, WATER INTRUSION/LEAKS, ACID RAIN, CHEMICALS, TREE SAP, HAIL, FLOOD, LIGHTNING, FIRE, WINDSTORM, EARTHQUAKES OR OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL CAUSES OR ACTS OF NATURE; (VI) VIBRATION, DETERIORATION, DISCOLORATION, DISTORTION, DEFORMATION AND/OR FADING; OR (VII) SLUDGE, CONTAMINATE METALS, CONTAMINATED FLUIDS, CONTAMINATED FUELS, OR CONTAMINATED LUBRICANTS.

H. ANY WORK PERFORMED TO IMPROVE COMPRESSION OR REDUCE OIL OR FUEL CONSUMPTION, OR OTHER WORK WHEN A BREAKDOWN HAS NOT OCCURRED.

I. EXPENSES FOR ANY MAINTENANCE SERVICE SPECIFIED IN YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL, FUELS, FLUIDS, LUBRICANTS, ALIGNMENTS OR ADJUSTMENTS, DIAGNOSTIC FEES, IMPROPER REPAIRS, ADJUSTMENTS, REPROGRAMMING, OR SERVICING BY ANY REPAIR FACILITY, INDIVIDUAL OR YOU.

Last edited by AmooManiak; 08-15-2016 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #29
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
MavRick,

That's a bummer... my office is in Duluth and this would make it more convenient. I just used Nalley in Decatur, Rian is awesome! Do you know if they take route 66?
From what my SA at Gwinnett told me...all of the other local BMW dealerships have a relationship with Route 66 except the Gwinnett store. I'm kinda in a No Man's Land....inside the Perimeter on 85 so neither Gwinnett not Decatur are actually 'close' to me. I guess I could throw Marietta in there, as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #30
Markandersonus
Rep
Drives: 2005 745i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
I'm looking into the following 3 (waiting on quotes for 2.)

Forevercar
Carchex
Endurance

Forevercar seems to have fairly reasonable prices for their supreme coverage(4100 for 48K miles and 4 years), which covers almost all engine and electronics.
Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #31
Rogue916
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP, 2018 4Runner

Garage List
You can get a route 66 easy street and then get the main street one after you pass 100k miles to get you an additional 36 months or 3 years.

Do you guys know if the M3/4/5 are accepted? I know the 550i is covered and so are 335i's.
      01-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue916 View Post
You can get a route 66 easy street and then get the main street one after you pass 100k miles to get you an additional 36 months or 3 years.

Do you guys know if the M3/4/5 are accepted? I know the 550i is covered and so are 335i's.
Seems like last time I looked all M's were excluded.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #33
Rogue916
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP, 2018 4Runner

Garage List
I know the pdf on their website says the exclude the Ms, but I read people in the M4 section of the forum are using Route 66. Did they recently stop coverage for the Ms? They're the only company which offers a reasonable price and warranty past 100k.
      01-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #34
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep

I visited my local dealer again this weekend they offered me bumper to bumper 75k or 5 years for $3500 and $200 deductible each trip I will be buying this coming January
      01-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #35
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I visited my local dealer again this weekend they offered me bumper to bumper 75k or 5 years for $3500 and $200 deductible each trip I will be buying this coming January
How many miles are currently on your car?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #36
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZgo View Post
How many miles are currently on your car?
Roughly 24k I don't drive car often due to my other car
      01-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #37
mdriver2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Platinum covers idrive and all electronics. Dealer quoted 4600 for 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 08:48 AM   #38
1flossedm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Anyway to know if a dealer accepts Route 66? Suppose by calling the service department?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #39
MavRick
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1flossedm3 View Post
Anyway to know if a dealer accepts Route 66? Suppose by calling the service department?
That's probably the easiest way.
Appreciate 0