2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs My order from Chemical Guys! Please chime in with other recommendations

07-06-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

My order from Chemical Guys! Please chime in with other recommendations

So after much research here's what I'm going to order this coming Friday
Chemical Guys Vkit $49.99

Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads $32.97

Jetseal Sealant $38.99:

And Chemical Guys ButterWet Wax $17.99:

Still looking for a wheel wax for a matte finish
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

thought about maybe this for wheel wax since my wheels are Matte finish? It's Dr Beasley's Matte wheel seal from Detailers Domain.

Matte Wheel Seal is a high-tech synthetic protective coating for your wheels which prevents the build up of brake dust. Its formula has extremely high heat resistance so it will last even if you take your ride to the track. Matte Wheel Seal prevents damage caused by brake dust, road tar, and other road contaminants. The best part about it? It's designed for wheels with a Matte finish and no shine.

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Damn! $265 for a very good reputable product but cannot justify spending that much for a wheel wax
http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...ode=MATT-PAINT
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Been using this for years. Works very well and keeps the dust off the wheel.

Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #5
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
So after much research here's what I'm going to order this coming Friday
Chemical Guys Vkit $49.99

Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads $32.97

Jetseal Sealant $38.99:

And Chemical Guys ButterWet Wax $17.99:

Still looking for a wheel wax for a matte finish
Just be ready for about 3 days work! Take your time. Less product is more on the pads. don't let them clog up, or you are just exercising !

And I know you probably know this but don't forget to clay bar.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #6
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Looks like a great package to get you started

A couple of other products I recommend are:

CarPro Iron-X: removes any iron particles from paint, great surface preparation product, one down side that it smells like a dead squirrel that just ate a skunk.

CarPro Eraser: removes polish residue and oils left behind after polishing stage.

CarPro HydroO2: works great on protecting wheels and much easier to apply than Wheel Wax.

Unfortunately I've found once you start going down the detailing road you can't stop buying more and more products and start fussing over every little detail until it becomes a sickness. I wouldn't even want to know how much money I've invested now in detailing products. Good luck!
Attached Images

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)

Last edited by DDD31; 07-07-2016 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadysev View Post
Just be ready for about 3 days work! Take your time. Less product is more on the pads. don't let them clog up, or you are just exercising !

And I know you probably know this but don't forget to clay bar.
I'm ready for it. I'm going to take my time! I've watched YouTube videos over the last 2 weeks on anything and everything related to detailing a car. Surprising enough I'm shocked at how people expect the water bead test to completely not leave a single droplet on the car! From what I've seen Zymol has done well
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Looks like a great package to get you started

A couple of other products I recommend are:

CarPro Iron-X: removes any iron particles from paint, great surface preparation product, one down side that it smells like a dead squirrel that just ate a skunk.

CarPro Eraser: removes polish residue and oils left behind after polishing stage.

CarPro HydroO2: works great on protecting wheels and much easier to apply than Wheel Wax.

Unfortunately I've found once you start going down the detailing road you can't stop buying more and more products and start fussing over every little detail until it becomes a sickness. I wouldn't even want to know how much money I've invested now in detailing products. Good luck!
Thanks for making me think about spending more money! just kidding yeah, I started seeing how much more products I need because there's so much out there! Gets you thinking you need them all I thought what I did for my car was enough but after watching videos on paint corrections and waxing I realized I've been doing it wrong all along I love to learn new thong especially when it comes to our BMW'S
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Their SS7 paint sealant is good too, it is similar to Opticoat, but cheaper and they guarantee it for 2 years. Also, get their wheel wax, it's awesome. After you apply wheel wax the brake dust just washes off. I also use their anti-static quick detailer all the time as well, it's hydrophobic too - less dust sticks to the car with the anti-static. Another product I have used and liked is their waterless wash system - it has helped me quite a bit since we've been in a drought for over 4 years.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
Their SS7 paint sealant is good too, it is similar to Opticoat, but cheaper and they guarantee it for 2 years. Also, get their wheel wax, it's awesome. After you apply wheel wax the brake dust just washes off. I also use their anti-static quick detailer all the time as well, it's hydrophobic too - less dust sticks to the car with the anti-static. Another product I have used and liked is their waterless wash system - it has helped me quite a bit since we've been in a drought for over 4 years.
Thanks brother!

So my new dilemma since I'm waiting for Chemical Guys to reply is the backing plate on my DA polisher measures 5.75". Chemical Guys hexlogic pads come in 5.5" and 6.5"? So don't know if the 6.5" is too big or do I need to order a CG backing plate and will it for my HF DA?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #11
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Can't find SS7... Looked all over...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 02:08 AM   #12
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Just placed my order. Added this to the Arsenal as I love my Meguiar's Detailer but just wanted to try something different. Also, since the Hexlogic pads came bundled with the pad cleaner I went and grabbed the pad conditioner as well

As far as the wheel protect/sealant I went with Dr Beasley's Matte wheel because Chemical Guys Wheel Guard I read would leave a gloss to it. Same thing I read about Wheel Wax.

This is probably it lol. I thought about getting Black Light to put as a gloss enhancer before the JetSeal but I think I'll be fine. Boy, when it comes to paint corrections and auto detailing it can get expensive but the outcome is rewarding especially when we love our cars!

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-08-2016 at 02:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #13
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Okay...I lied I totally forgot I gotta get all the old wax off the car so I ordered Chemical Guys Clean Slate:

Okay, now that's it for now...I hope

I thought I would save by using Amazon or EBay but surprisingly enough it was cheaper to oder directly from Chemical Guys
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #14
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Thanks brother!

So my new dilemma since I'm waiting for Chemical Guys to reply is the backing plate on my DA polisher measures 5.75". Chemical Guys hexlogic pads come in 5.5" and 6.5"? So don't know if the 6.5" is too big or do I need to order a CG backing plate and will it for my HF DA?
If you're backing plate is larger than 5.5" you'll have to get the 6.5" pads. The 6.5" pads will work fine because the pad will overlap the backing plate which will prevent the backing plate from touching your paint during operation.

My DA polisher has a 5.5" inch backing plate and I use the 6.5" pad which leaves a comfortable 0.5" overlap.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
If you're backing plate is larger than 5.5" you'll have to get the 6.5" pads. The 6.5" pads will work fine because the pad will overlap the backing plate which will prevent the backing plate from touching your paint during operation.

My DA polisher has a 5.5" inch backing plate and I use the 6.5" pad which leaves a comfortable 0.5" overlap.
After some research it looks like most 6" DA's their backing plates measure anywhere from 5.50-5.75" so I'm good with the 6.5" hexlogic pads
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #16
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

My tools for detailing are:
A Milwaukee high speed polisher (not recommended unless you REALLY know how to use it)
A Porter Cable - this handles nearly all detailing jobs for polishing/waxing
A Rupes Bigfoot - this is slower, but has a much bigger throw, so you cover more surface area with each pass.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #17
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My tools for detailing are:
A Milwaukee high speed polisher (not recommended unless you REALLY know how to use it)
A Porter Cable - this handles nearly all detailing jobs for polishing/waxing
A Rupes Bigfoot - this is slower, but has a much bigger throw, so you cover more surface area with each pass.
I'll eventually invest in a better DA but for now my HF will do for now until I get some pretty good practice
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #18
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

UGH! UPS needs to hurry up and delivery my goodies!

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #19
M5 Monster
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10

Hello I want to make an order from chemical guys were you satisfied with what you purchased ? is there anything you added or wished you added ?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #20
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Do you use a foam cannon/power washer in your wash, if so what do you use. I also use chemical guys Diablo gel for the tires, lasts a long time and keeps the tires looking like new.
      02-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #21
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh2oman View Post
Do you use a foam cannon/power washer in your wash, if so what do you use. I also use chemical guys Diablo gel for the tires, lasts a long time and keeps the tires looking like new.
Unfortunately I did not use a foam Canon at the time. I just used the 2 bucket technique. When springtime rolls around I'll be ordering the Diablo for the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #22
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Totally just realized this thread is several months old! I'm in the market for a foam cannon, I'm just starting to research them.