2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Damage from a tire that blew in front of me on the freeway

01-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
SirNicholas
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

Damage from a tire that blew in front of me on the freeway

A few days ago a tire blew in front of me on the freeway and I had no time to react and drove right over it. I had a front hamann lip that is now shattered () and the front of the bumper is scraped up and needs a paintjob (but no replacement is needed since there appears to be no damage). The car also swerved onto the shoulder and launched rocks at my hood and windshield (made a nasty thud sound upon impact). I don't see any big scrapes on the hood luckily, but windshield had two little dings. I didn't really see them at first, but after inspecting more closely next morning, the crack had expanded (). A dollar still covers the crack though, so maybe they can fill it in?

Anyway, I've heard insurance companies insist on aftermarket windshields if it needs to be replaced. Is this true? Can I insist on OEM?

Will this be a single charge or two charges: one for body work and another for the windshield replacement? Will they cover the hamann lip?

This is comprehensive right? Will that jack up the insurance premium?

Oh man, what a great welcome by Seattle and the rain here
      01-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
SirNicholas
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

I cross-posted to the general forum (http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...1#post21161631). Someone please close this. Thanks!