2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes F11 Rear Brake Uneven Wear

06-20-2023, 05:25 AM   #1
arotabi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

F11 Rear Brake Uneven Wear

Hi All,

I recently replaced front and rear bearings/hubs, discs and pads on my 2014 F11.

Everything is fine apart from what seems to be uneven wear on the rear discs.

Outside face of rear discs: the pads seem to be making contact with only the outer part of the discs (see photo).

Inside face of rear discs: the pads seem to be making contact with only the inner part of the discs (see photo).

Everything works fine including braking, parking brake, auto hold, cruise control braking. There's no vibration at any speed or during braking.

Callipers and brackets were wire brushed, pins greased etc.

I've done wheel turning and temperature checks after driving and there's no excess heat - no binding.

I've not seen this on any car I've worked but obviously something is not quite at 90 degs!

Before I go taking the rear callipers/discs off to check I want to see if anyone has seen this before and have any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0