2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Another new arrival

01-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Another new arrival

Well after some weather created delivery delays car finally arrived collected her tonight.

Was pouring with rain and dark for handover so pics will need to wait till tomorrow or Sunday.

Massive traffic jam on M25 driving back from the dealer but I loved it. Gave me lots of time to play with the car.

Car is as follows.....

F11 530d M Sport
Carbon black
Black Dakota leather interior

Options:
Media pack Professional
Visibility pack
19" M Sport Alloys
Panoramic electric glass sunroof
Sports Automatic gearbox
Exterior trim in matt aluminium
Heated front seats
Electric front seats with driver side memory
Sun protection glass
DAB radio
USB Audio/Telephone interface
BMW Business loudspeaker system
Exterior door mirrors, folding and dipping

Looking forward to tomorrow morning to see it in the daylight!!!!

Will get some pics up and thoughts over weekend but from the brief 1.5 hour drive home I think I am really going to enjoy this car.

Last edited by northernmonkey; 01-12-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

Excellent! Picked mine up this afternoon was well (Vines Gatwick), sounds like you suffered the same delays as me.

Did you spend the evening reading the manual as well? Go on... admit it....

I had an A6 Avant before, the F11 is just in a different league.

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes I did spend the evening doing that

Someone else was collecting an new F11 at same time as me but that was a blue metallic SE model so cannot have been you as I think your post said yours is space grey? Collected mine at the redhill branch.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 05:05 AM   #4
indus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

Come on guys stop being lazy and put some pics up for us waiting owners!
      01-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by indus View Post
Come on guys stop being lazy and put some pics up for us waiting owners!
Yes.....cmon guys get those cameras out......presume you are too busy playing/driving your new toys.Lucky buggers!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
jaynas
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 5 series F10 (On Order)

congrats guys i hope your having a fab driving experience do upload photos when you get a chance!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 04:07 AM   #7
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

took some pics on the phone....hope you like them.

unbelievably haven't driven the car since i got home from dealer friday, other things going on this weekend. should get out in it later.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
someones a Depeche Mode fan....

congrats on the car!
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Nice Pictures, still waiting for this 550i MS they are still fobbing me off with "it is at Thorne"
Could be here next saturday or Monday after.
F**king car will be 6 months old without a mile on it at this rate.
      01-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Very nice......enjoy!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #11
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

Sweet, looks great. I was close to going for carbon black myself, but bottled out after thinking about all the cleaning!

Be interested to hear what you think of the M-sport suspension and 19's. As you know, got my SE with 18's on Friday as well. Ride is pretty much perfect for the way I drive (sedately...) but it does feel a bit floaty and roll's a fair bit, so I imaging M-sport suspension is the way to go if you like to press-on a bit.

SE suspension and 18's is certainly a much better ride than my previous A6 SE on 17's. I've tried a few Audi S-Line loan cars over the last few years, the ride was absolutely awful, which kind of put me off sports suspension generally, so I'd be interested to hear what M-sport is like...

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
indus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

Very nice car, enjoy.

Mewster my car will have msport suspension and 19'' wheels. I had the same setup on a 530d that they gave me as a weekend demo car. To me it seemed very very comfortable, compared to my M5 it felt much smoother.
So much so that if funds allow I will add lowering springs and perhaps even 20'' wheels. I reckon it would still be more.comfortable than my M5.
      01-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mewster View Post
Sweet, looks great. I was close to going for carbon black myself, but bottled out after thinking about all the cleaning!

Be interested to hear what you think of the M-sport suspension and 19's. As you know, got my SE with 18's on Friday as well. Ride is pretty much perfect for the way I drive (sedately...) but it does feel a bit floaty and roll's a fair bit, so I imaging M-sport suspension is the way to go if you like to press-on a bit.

SE suspension and 18's is certainly a much better ride than my previous A6 SE on 17's. I've tried a few Audi S-Line loan cars over the last few years, the ride was absolutely awful, which kind of put me off sports suspension generally, so I'd be interested to hear what M-sport is like...
I am probably not very objective here as my last 3 cars (inc this one) have all been m-sport's with m-sport suspension starting with E60 530i M-Sport then E92 330i M-Sport and now the F11.

I guess the other problem is i've only driven 75 miles in the new car

from the few miles i've driven i have to say the standard M-Sport setup on the 19"s feels very very good. not as rock hard as the E92 but still firm enough to feel reassuring but also comfortable enough over the never ending line of potholes and ruts in our roads.

so for now its a big from me on the 19's and std M-sport suspension.

some other quick observations:

- Panoramic Sunroof is EXCELLENT. when you want more light it bathes the cabin in it but when you fancy the more cossetting feel of the roof liner then the blind slides back into place and you wouldn't know its there. My 5 month old boy seemed to appreciate the extra light in the back when he was riding in there today

- Business HiFi, well worth the relatively small outlay. sound is very impressive at all volume levels

- Matt Aluminium exterior trim, this car was a cancelled order (hence how I got it so quick) and the trim choice was the only thing I was dubious about but I have to say in real life it looks excellent, real high quality. having had highgloss shadowline on my last two cars i know it does take some cleaning to keep it glossy and I get the feeling this matt alu trim will keep looking the part with a lot less elbow grease required. also if you keep the roof rails in matt alu (std) then the whole lot complements the car beautifully

- aluminium hexagon trim, had this in my E60, seems much better quality and look in the F11. if i'd placed a factory order i'd have been tempted with the anthractie but i have to say the hexagon trim is much better than i'd hoped. very pleased with it

- sports auto gearbox, one word, brilliant. get it.

- Electric Seats with Driver memory, for me definite must have as I hate it when the wife changes all the seats/mirrors/steering wheel setup...always takes me an age to get the whole lot back how i like them. having the button's built into the drivers door (memory setting) is a nice touch and neatly done

couple more pics taken...engine bay and panoramic roof with blind retracted
Attached Images

Appreciate 0