2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New to the 535 world have a few questions

06-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

New to the 535 world have a few questions

I have owned an E39 M5 for the past 8 years, I love the car and all things M. I recently decided to replace my daily driver with a 2013 535I X M Sport with 20K miles, its blk with the BMW performance mufflers and it's awesome. I got really lucky, it has decent options and the guy took great care of it. I will likely put a tune and an intake on it to wake it up a bit.

so here are my first few questions:

Once the Bluetooth is paired for Audio play (which I did) how to I stream music from my phone on the fly? I did it parked but can't figure out how to do it while driving (remember, the phone is already paired with the audio option selected)

Does the car always "stay on" (radio, etc) after I turn it off? I usually lock it to make sure it shuts down. can I just wait a minute or so and it will shut down?

What's the best feature of the car?

What is your favorite "thing" about the car?

Anything you think I should know please let me know....

I have read many posts, I am trying to learn about the car without posting a ton of questions......

thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

1. You can stream audio via bluetooth once you enable it after you set up your phone with iDrive. Then hit the mode button on your steering wheel or select the CD button on your iDrive control knob or just select it on the menu. It should be listed under bluetooth.

2. After you hit engine off once, it turns off only the engine and all accessories are still on. Hit it again and accessories turn off or hit the BMW button on your fob. I believe the car automatically turn everything off after 15 minutes if you forgot to hit the off button twice.

3. Best feature of the car is probably the multicontour seats w/ventilatation or DHP. Those are options though.

4. My favorite thing is it's quiet and comfortable but I can flog it down the country road when i visit my wine club on the weekends.

5. The car breaks a lot. Get wheel insurance if you have 19s.

6. Congrats! it's a nice car.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #3
kinerin
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xdrive sedan

Amongst the things I most like is the car's "look back" appeal. Park it somewhere and as you're walking away you look back at it. It's a must for every car I've owned.

To me it's lines and proportions are just right.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Baby_boy22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

I'm thinking of buying a 535xi from carmax with about 30k miles on it for $34097.is this a good deal?its has the premium package and cold weather pack.only thing is the color is silver.i plan on doing some mods to the car but I have been creeping on the forum for some time and really haven't seen any silver 535 modded
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
OEMonsterz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 535D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_boy22 View Post
I'm thinking of buying a 535xi from carmax with about 30k miles on it for $34097.is this a good deal?its has the premium package and cold weather pack.only thing is the color is silver.i plan on doing some mods to the car but I have been creeping on the forum for some time and really haven't seen any silver 535 modded
Nothing wrong with silver. What's the color of your preference?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
OEMonsterz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 535D M Sport

OP welcome.

There are loads of features of the car that are appealing, but ultimately this comes down to choice.

Speed comes to mind amongst others.

In regards to Bluetooth. The best way I have personally found is to leave the music streaming and just get out the car and lock. Go about your business. Come back and get in. Within 30 seconds to a minute. Your music will be playing again. 😆

Note: Just make sure you do not end the process on your phone. If you do. Get back in the car. Wait for complete Bluetooth connection and then just hit play from your choice of app.

By the way, what handset are you using?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #7
Baby_boy22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMonsterz View Post
Nothing wrong with silver. What's the color of your preference?
I really like the black sapphire metallic.also I'm planning on buying from carmax has anyone ever purchased from them?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #8
Keyser Soze
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

No and I'd ask to take the car to a BMW dealer for an inspection if I was buying from them.
      06-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
labenzm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 m5

Thank you for all your replies, I am using an I phone 5, I can get it to stream music BUT it's not always connected (the music, the phone always works)

The car is great, It rides silky smooth...

I ordered the ebay spoiler, these cars should of had that on the M Sport package
Appreciate 0