2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Trouble diabling halogen headlight bulb checks in FRM with E-sys

11-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #1
dutchF11
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 520i

Trouble diabling halogen headlight bulb checks in FRM with E-sys

My 2012 F11 (pre-LCI) sadly has halogen (projector) headlights and their performance leaves room for improvement.

I have installed some H7 LED bulbs and coded out the hot and cold bulb checks as instructed on various topics for various BMW models on this forum. The bulbs work fine when testing with the engine off but despite the coding, they start to blink if I start the engine and after a few blinks I get a warning on the dash.

So it seems that I have not coded out the right checks. The ones I have disabled in E-sys 3.30.1 are:

3090 FRM_WARMKALT_UEBERW_AKT, D0 ->
Functionen ->
-> AUSG06_AL_L_KALT_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
> AUSG06_AL_L_WARM_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
-> AUSG07_AL_R_KALT_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
-> AUSG07_AL_R_WARM_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
Could it be that on this particular car, the main beams are connected to something else then the _AL_ outputs of the FRM? I think the _FL_ outputs are supposed to be the high beams, and I therefore haven’t tried changing any of those related checks.

Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 04:08 PM   #2
f22noah
Registered
Rep
Drives: 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchF11 View Post
My 2012 F11 (pre-LCI) sadly has halogen (projector) headlights and their performance leaves room for improvement.

I have installed some H7 LED bulbs and coded out the hot and cold bulb checks as instructed on various topics for various BMW models on this forum. The bulbs work fine when testing with the engine off but despite the coding, they start to blink if I start the engine and after a few blinks I get a warning on the dash.

So it seems that I have not coded out the right checks. The ones I have disabled in E-sys 3.30.1 are:

3090 FRM_WARMKALT_UEBERW_AKT, D0 ->
Functionen ->
-> AUSG06_AL_L_KALT_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
> AUSG06_AL_L_WARM_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
-> AUSG07_AL_R_KALT_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
-> AUSG07_AL_R_WARM_UEBERW_AKTIV = nicht_aktiv
Could it be that on this particular car, the main beams are connected to something else then the _AL_ outputs of the FRM? I think the _FL_ outputs are supposed to be the high beams, and I therefore haven’t tried changing any of those related checks.

Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated.
did you ever find a solution for this? i know it’s a long shot sometimes reviving old threads
Appreciate 0