2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) 550i Has Been Ordered!

02-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

550i Has Been Ordered!

Hello,

I placed the order for my new 550i today. After a couple weeks of reading posts here in the forum and getting a lot of great advice from people I have to say thanks to everyone that helped. Here is my build:

Carbon Black Metallic
Aluminum Hexagon Trim
Black Dakota Leather
M-Sport
Dynamic Handling Package
Convenience Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Driver Assistance Package
Sport Auto Transmission
B&O Audio
Power Rear Sunshade
Heated Seats

Some of you might think I went too far on the build but I am happy with the selections. This might be my only opportunity to drive a car like this and wanted to make sure I really enjoy the next 3 years. I had a hard time picking the color between Titanium Silver and Carbon Black but having owned silver a couple times in the past I decided to change it up here, I hope I don't regret it

Thanks again for all the feedback, I can't wait to drive this in a couple months!

Last edited by VirtualMayhem; 02-27-2013 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Lee
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 50i/'01 Z3

Congrats! Those were colors on my list, but I ended up with imperial blue. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
ankitpoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i xDrive

Congrast, great choice. nice to see you close the deal. now the waiting game begins. feel us in when you take the delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
vonsheppard64
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I 85 LEXUS IS250 09

New to the site but getting ready to order my BMW M SPORT 550i RWD the same options it seem very popluar. I have just 2 questions.The saleman told me I need to place my order before May of this year; at that time, I will then be able to pickup my car in October; will my car be the 2013 or 2014? I heard the model year of BMW ends in the month of June. The other question is, can I still have my car delivery to spartanburg plant and take the performance course?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonsheppard64 View Post
New to the site but getting ready to order my BMW M SPORT 550i RWD the same options it seem very popluar. I have just 2 questions.The saleman told me I need to place my order before May of this year; at that time, I will then be able to pickup my car in October; will my car be the 2013 or 2014? I heard the model year of BMW ends in the month of June. The other question is, can I still have my car delivery to spartanburg plant and take the performance course?
First, welcome to the forum! I'm also new here but found a lot of helpful people that posted here that helped me through all the decisions.

What I was told when I ordered my car this week is I could basically order a 2013 model through May as well. July is when the 2014 models can be ordered which means if you are doing US delivery your looking at a couple months after that to get your car. If you are ordering in May unless you are requesting a pickup that late I wouldn't see why you would need to wait until October to pick the car up. Maybe my rep was wrong but that's what I was told.

I am not familiar with the performance center delivery but there shouldn't be any reason why you can't have the car delivered there as part of your order. I'd check the forums here and search for a performance delivery thread or post a new thread with the specific questions you have.

Good luck!
Craig
2018 M5 In Singapore Gray Metallic | Black Full Merino Leather | Dark Aluminum Carbon Structure Interior | Executive Package | Driving Assistance Plus | 20" Double Spoke Black Wheels | Apple CarPlay | Bowers & Wilkins Audio | Black Kidney Grills | Carbon Fiber Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler | M Carbon Rocker Panels | Carbon Fiber Read Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

that will be a sweet car. congrats. I wish my car has the B&O stereo
21 M5C DD|21 M550 xDrive|05 E46M3 race car 6SPD|2019 2LT Corvette GS 7SPD track car|22 Tundra SR5 TRD Sport|19 Q7 V6 & 22 Q7 2.0T|20 G63|19 Vantage 4.0TT|22 Boxster 25 Year 6SPD sold|08 Porsche Cayman 5SPD sold|18 R8 RWS sold|Many previous cars
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboost View Post
that will be a sweet car. congrats. I wish my car has the B&O stereo
Thanks! I just noticed today that the car is out of production - I can't wait to get it!
2018 M5 In Singapore Gray Metallic | Black Full Merino Leather | Dark Aluminum Carbon Structure Interior | Executive Package | Driving Assistance Plus | 20" Double Spoke Black Wheels | Apple CarPlay | Bowers & Wilkins Audio | Black Kidney Grills | Carbon Fiber Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler | M Carbon Rocker Panels | Carbon Fiber Read Diffuser
Appreciate 0