2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Sunroof Tilt / Anti Trap Malfunction

02-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
So my battery was on the way out causing a bunch of electrical components to stop working. I confirmed the voltage through the secret menu. The first thing was the sunroof with an error stating Sunroof Tilt / Anti Trap Malfunction. I ended up pulling the battery and let it trickle charge on the bench for 24 hours. It brought the battery back to life and everything is back to normal minus the sunroof. I tried the reset by pressing the button up for over 2 minutes and nothing. I know that works I've done it before in my e90.

To be sure:
- I let the car sleep
- turn the car on engine running
- no clutch or brake depressed
- pressed in on the button for over 2 minutes
- nothing

Luckily the sunroof is completely shut, but the visor is all the way back.

Does anyone know of another procedure to reset? I have a manual don't know if there's a different approach on those. I know the autos you have to be in park.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
doublemetreF10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 535xi N55

Maybe a long shot, but does the manual have an electric parking brake or a lever? Perhaps try applying the parking brake?
      02-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemetreF10 View Post
Maybe a long shot, but does the manual have an electric parking brake or a lever? Perhaps try applying the parking brake?
It has an electric parking brake. Interesting enough it has to be off to reset the brakes, maybe the same for the sunroof. Ill try that, thanks.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0