2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications XHP Need Help

11-02-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Garage List
XHP Need Help

Hey guys so I recently installed xHP and am doing stage 2. It shifts awesome and I love it but I was wondering can someone translate what to do and not do with this tune. How to keep it from less wear ? Can someone also help me read my adaptation values, idk what they mean 🫤
Let me know what it means and if something is off, how can I fix it or treat it. Thanks.
Also I’m Mhd stage 1 along with stage 2 xHP.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 08:13 PM   #2
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

I'm also MHD Stage 1 + xHP, although I ended up at xHP Stage 3.

xHP does have quite a lot of options. But I don't think tuning it for "less wear" is going to be a thing. It makes the car behave so differently, and much more satisfying, and I don't think there's a lot more "wear" because of it. Frankly, a quicker more decisive shift wears clutch packs less than a lazy, smooth shift.

Wear is likely to be all in how you drive it. From what I've seen out there clutch C adaptations are some of the earliest to spike. Keep in mind that the TCU is interpolating many factors in the transmission to arrive at those values - dodgy solenoids and the like can be even more likely at fault than wear on the hard parts. The more I read of others doing it, the more I'm starting to think that perhaps I should do a solenoid service on my 2011 just to keep it working great.

The hard shifts you'll get in Sport+ / manual can be a little hard on the driveline. Other than that, I wouldn't personally worry too much about "wear". xHP is merely changing shift points and using shift plans that are already programmed into the transmission, just mapped in a way that's more about driving engagement than fuel economy. xHP is pretty much my favourite mod after my coilovers.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2023, 06:12 AM   #3
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
The only thing I’d add to what was mentioned already is that there’s a transmission rebuilder that has mentioned the line pressure increase option can cause earlier failure of some internal seals or components. So unless it’s slipping due to much higher horsepower than stock, that’s one setting I’d leave alone.

Besides that, just don’t drive it like a race car all day everyday, and give it a chance to warm up each day before pushing it. It is a mechanical piece of equipment and certain will wear eventually no matter what you do. Treat it well and and it will treat you well.

That’s all just my opinion based on experience and some limited research. I’ve been running xHP swapping between stage 1, 2, and 3 for over 3 years now with about 75,000 miles since the flash.

Car has a total of 177,000 miles with no transmission issues. I’ve performed a fluid flush once upon first flashing xHP and I’m definitely going to be performing another soon for peace of mind. No other work has been done on the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
The only thing I’d add to what was mentioned already is that there’s a transmission rebuilder that has mentioned the line pressure increase option can cause earlier failure of some internal seals or components. So unless it’s slipping due to much higher horsepower than stock, that’s one setting I’d leave alone.

Besides that, just don’t drive it like a race car all day everyday, and give it a chance to warm up each day before pushing it. It is a mechanical piece of equipment and certain will wear eventually no matter what you do. Treat it well and and it will treat you well.

That’s all just my opinion based on experience and some limited research. I’ve been running xHP swapping between stage 1, 2, and 3 for over 3 years now with about 75,000 miles since the flash.

Car has a total of 177,000 miles with no transmission issues. I’ve performed a fluid flush once upon first flashing xHP and I’m definitely going to be performing another soon for peace of mind. No other work has been done on the transmission.
Thanks for the input, not gonna lie, I liked the way my car sounded before I did xHP, my overrun brap and my shift farts sound really short and not as loud as before. I wonder if a setting can help get it back the way it was, if not I might just take off xHP.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 02:28 PM   #5
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamjaber2004@gmail.com View Post
Thanks for the input, not gonna lie, I liked the way my car sounded before I did xHP, my overrun brap and my shift farts sound really short and not as loud as before. I wonder if a setting can help get it back the way it was, if not I might just take off xHP.
I set mine wit MHD
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 02:29 PM   #6
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
I set mine wit MHD
Can you tell me what you did ? I’ve been had mhd before xHP, what are your settings ?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 03:34 PM   #7
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Can you tell me what you did ? I’ve been had mhd before xHP, what are your settings ?
Always changing tho
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 03:41 PM   #8
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Always changing tho
Thank you, and you’re xHP stage 2 or 3 ? I’m stage 2 and can’t even hear my brap anymore and it’s on long too.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 03:43 PM   #9
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank you, and you’re xHP stage 2 or 3 ? I’m stage 2 and can’t even hear my brap anymore and it’s on long too.
Mhd2+&Xhp3
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2023, 04:41 PM   #10
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Mhd2+&Xhp3
MHD & XHP is like cookies and milk, had them for bout 30k im at 60k now car is a '15. never dealt wit bootymod3(jk) or pedal commanders.
Appreciate 0