2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications NEED HELP! 535I xDrive

04-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535I xDrive 2015

NEED HELP! 535I xDrive

I just bought a 2015 535I xDrive. I want to do SO MUCH to the car. It's Alpine White With Mocha Interior. Luxury Package. Something that i am FOR SURE doing is. 1st Get my windows tinted.(20-30%) 2nd PlastiDip The roof Gloss Black or Carbine Fiber. 3rd Muffler Delete. 4th Cold Air intake. Im not picky on any brand, But i dont want to spend alot on that because it does very little for me other than making that awesome "WOOSH" sound. and Last but DEFINITELY not least 5th JB4 or Cobb AP V3. I need help with ideas and where to get these things done. I think i can do 1-3 for about $400 give or take. But what I really want is the tune. Anyone know some good/inexpensive places in South Jersey?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:39 AM   #2
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #3
///M5Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: gaggle of BMW's

Easy get an intake.. you'll "WHOOSH" all day long. Congrats on the new car.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46beater View Post
Easy get an intake.. you'll "WHOOSH" all day long. Congrats on the new car.
yeah i really want one. But they're so damn expensive. Like $400. I'd rather get a tune lol do you know if anyone is selling a COBB? i wanted the JB4 but i feel im going to screw something up during install.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #5
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoNJ View Post
yeah i really want one. But they're so damn expensive. Like $400. I'd rather get a tune lol do you know if anyone is selling a COBB? i wanted the JB4 but i feel im going to screw something up during install.
Cobbs don't exist for the N55, Your choices are the plethora of plug and play goodies depending if you want one that just bumps the boost a notch, or has adjustability. Im pretty sure there are about 4 threads going right now about the N55 programmers.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike
Quote:
Cobbs don't exist for the N55, Your choices are the plethora of plug and play goodies depending if you want one that just bumps the boost a notch, or has adjustability. Im pretty sure there are about 4 threads going right now about the N55 programmers.
I seen the cobb accessport v3 and v2 are for the n55 but you can't touch them for under $850. The cool part is it installs thru the obd2. So that's awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
FenixMike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I seen the cobb accessport v3 and v2 are for the n55 but you can't touch them for under $850. The cool part is it installs thru the obd2. So that's awesome
They don't have any support for the 5 series, and talking with them, they don't have any plans for it either. The flash programmers are not cross chassis compatible, so they wont work on your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They don't have any support for the 5 series, and talking with them, they don't have any plans for it either. The flash programmers are not cross chassis compatible, so they wont work on your car.
Damn. I was looking for one so bad. I am very mechanically challenged so a piggyback is very hard for me to install. But I guess it's worth a shot at learning. Do you know anyone in NJ that can install the jb4 or any other recommendations for the f10 N55?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
FenixMike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Damn. I was looking for one so bad. I am very mechanically challenged so a piggyback is very hard for me to install. But I guess it's worth a shot at learning. Do you know anyone in NJ that can install the jb4 or any other recommendations for the f10 N55?
If you have a pulse and at least one working hand, you can install the Burger stage 1, AFE Scorcher, or any other that just intercepts the MAF and MAP sensor inputs. The effort consists of opening the hood, loosening the 8mm clamp on the intake and moving the box out of the way, removing two plugs, installing two plugs, zip tying the box out of the way, reinstalling the intake box and closing the hood.

I have faith you can accomplish that... the JB4 and others have more plugs but there are Youtube videos and write ups everywhere... Otherwise at least 3 active forum members on here are in that area.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #10
NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If you have a pulse and at least one working hand, you can install the Burger stage 1, AFE Scorcher, or any other that just intercepts the MAF and MAP sensor inputs. The effort consists of opening the hood, loosening the 8mm clamp on the intake and moving the box out of the way, removing two plugs, installing two plugs, zip tying the box out of the way, reinstalling the intake box and closing the hood.

I have faith you can accomplish that... the JB4 and others have more plugs but there are Youtube videos and write ups everywhere... Otherwise at least 3 active forum members on here are in that area.
Thanks for the info. So in your opinion would you get the Bms stage 1 or the jb4? For the money I'm really into the stage 1 and looking up on it, it says there's only a 20hp difference? Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #11
FenixMike
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. So in your opinion would you get the Bms stage 1 or the jb4? For the money I'm really into the stage 1 and looking up on it, it says there's only a 20hp difference? Any thoughts?
It depends on your goals. The stage 1 is a quick 3.5 lb of boost increase (adjustable inside the unit but not on the fly) which is nice for more power, however the JB4 will safely add more power as well as automatically delete the codes having that power generates. ESS Tuning also makes a nice module with a bit more control as well as optional boost curve control, but its more expensive and has just as many plugs as the JB4. If you're just doing a piggy back only, any of them will work well, if you plan on messing with other fuels, adding more mods later etc, you really want something you can adjust for those mods. Read up on n54tech.com and see what the other guys are doing for combos, and if any of that appeals to you, then you have your answer. I didn't see the ability to gain much with the JB4 because we only have 91 octane here, but if you have 93 or higher in your area at the pump, it can make quite a bit more power.
Appreciate 0