2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Request your insight regarding non-OEM front bumpers

12-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Request your insight regarding non-OEM front bumpers

I have seen a lot of pictures in this and other forums of cars with after-market, non-OEM front bumpers and your photos have inspired me to shop for a better-looking bumper for my F10 535i than the one that came with it. I'm not looking for something new because I want my car to look like something it's not; I just want something that looks better.

My request for your help and advice is about first-person experience you have had with after market full bumper replacements, such as this item (http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726049) listed in this forum, in three specific areas:
1) Does the product you bought match and compliment the F10's lines?
2) Is the product you bought enduring normal wear and usage? (for example, if it is made cheaply from thin plastic, I imagine that its flexing at freeway speeds will cause paint cracks and seam seperation or the attach points may stretch and the bumper may sag.)
3) Have you had any very positive, or very negative, experience with your bumper withstanding damage, for example from road debris and runaway shopping carts, or, conversely, has your bumper fallen off on the freeway and caused damage to your car?

Please PM with any specific negatives, I'm not trying to libel or slander any specific manufacture. I just want to get the best value for my money. Any of us can buy a product online which is imported from Taiwan for many hundreds less than an OEM product, but if it is badly made and does not endure normal use, then the money is wasted, not saved.

So, first-person experience only please, goods, bads, and anything in between.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0